Product Line Sony PSX
    Video Output
    Colors White
    Expansion and Connectivity
    Game Media Format DVD-ROM
    Other I/O Connectors 1 x IEEE 1394, 1 x PCMCIA, 1 X USB
    Controller Ports 2
    Plug and Play Storage 2
    Standard AV Output Connectors Analog RCA stereo, composite video, S-Video, S/PDIF digital
    Optional AV Output Connectors RF, S-video, component
    Processor
    Marketing Performance Measurement 6.2 GFLOPS
    Processor Clock Speed 300MHz
    Processor (2nd) Graphics Synthesizer
    L1 Cache Instruction 16KB,
    Data 8KB, 16K SPRAM
    Processor 2 x Toshiba & Sony Emotion Engine 294.9MHz
    Integrated Devices
    Built-in Features DVDRW/PS2/HDD +DVD
    System Memory
    Main Memory 32MB RDRAM
    Main Memory Bandwidth 3.2GB/s
    Storage
    Media Drive DVD+-R, RW, VR
    Hard Drive 160GB
    Audio
    Audio Processor SPU2 and CPU
    Audio Performance 48 simultaneous channels plus programmable software voices

1.High capacity HDD+DVD recorder
    PSX, "DESR-7000" and "DESR-5000" are equipped with 250GB and 160GB HDD respectively. This enables recording up to 325 hours of video content on HDD with DESR-7000 and 204 hours with DESR-5000.

2. Firmware upgrade
    Features can later be added or upgraded via the network.

3. High speed dubbing from HDD to DVD
    The speed of dubbing from HDD to DVD is 12x maximum. One hour of programming on the HDD can be dubbed in 2.5 minutes (in case of using DVD-R). PSX adopts DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW.

4. Various recording/playback features
    PSX supports various user-friendly features, such as enabling users to watch recorded content on the HDD without waiting for the recording to finish, watch recorded content on the HDD while recording another program or play games while recording programs, etc.

5. Equipped with ghost reduction tuner
    Analog terrestrial tuner is equipped with ghost reduction tuner.

6. Progressive scan DVD video output
    Progressive scan DVD video output supports high-resolution pictures.
    v 7. Memory Stick slot
    Memory Stick slot is available on the front side of PSX. Digital still images stored on a Memory Stick can be transferred to the HDD and displayed on a large TV monitor.

8. USB port
    USB port is available on the front side of PSX for a connection with digital still cameras*5 and USB game controllers. *5: At launch, only Sony digital still cameras are supported. There are plans to support others in the future.

9. "PlayStation"/ PlayStation 2" game software
    More than 5000 PS and PS2 game titles can be played on PSX*6. Online games can also be enjoyed through the PSX network services.

10. Compact size
    Simple and translucent design in line with latest digital electronics products. Compact design (312mm width) for both horizontal and vertical positioning.

11. Noise free
    Silent operation through heat control and temperature-actuated cooling fan.

Last edited by **ScarFace**; Jul 9, 2005 at 07:56 AM.
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

not to burst any bubbles but isn't the psx old news, i thought it was released in japan a long time ago and your link confirms it, december 13

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    not to burst any bubbles but isn't the psx old news, i thought it was released in japan a long time ago and your link confirms it, december 13
    i know that but what you think of it because they are start sell it online
    mod so it can play any us ,pal or japan games.us299.99
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

what's up with the double posting? i'ld say wait for the ps3 if not the xbox360

i just hope sony put the dvd-burn and ability to recording video content on HDD in the ps3, because this ps2 is mad love it

Yea the PSX came out a long time ago. Plus why buy that now, when the PS3 is coming out next yr. maybe it will have the same functions as the PSX or better. The price is also a problem, US$299 PSX and the PS3 is set to be about US$500. I'll wait on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry
    Yea the PSX came out a long time ago. Plus why buy that now, when the PS3 is coming out next yr. maybe it will have the same functions as the PSX or better. The price is also a problem, US$299 PSX and the PS3 is set to be about US$500. I'll wait on that.
    i hope my friend i hope, money hungry sony