Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pHp anyone?

Default pHp anyone?

can anyone give me the basic syntax for the pHp language?
    - i'm interested in learning

links to resource sites would also be helpful

Default Re:pHp anyone?

www.php.net is a good place to start for php info, The site has a manual for php at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ which is a good introduction to php.

thanks much

Go to www.webmonkey.com
    Then go to "programming" section and click on "PHP"

This is a great site to get you up and running

I have just started to teach myself php 2 weeks go , and have gathered a few resources and tools. An excellent PHP & MySQL book i have found for beginners is called : PHP and MySQL Web Development BY Luke Welling and Laura Thomson read the reviews at amazon.com : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...379400-6651838(a pdf version of the book is avaliable if you know where to look ) and for the programming/development environment i use an easy to install package call PHPDev 4.23 which comes with php4 Mysql and Apache all preconfigured avaliable at firepages : http://www.firepages.com.au/devindex.htm ; and the usal websites for online tutorial (which i don't find particularly usefull) and the excellent forum on these sites phpbuilder.com, and Php.net. I'm however still looking for a good php4 editor, notepad just wouldn't cut it for me. As i continue to learn this stuff i hope to get some additional help form you guys here at techja; php is just one of the list of stuff i intend to learn for the new year. Wish me luck and i hope this post help encourage someone else to start learning php, i would love some company .

[quote author=DarkAngel link=board=10;threadid=127;start=0#msg2608 date=1041182549]
    I'm however still looking for a good php4 editor, notepad just wouldn't cut it for me. [/quote]

Search no more my friend. I use, love and swear by editplus (http://www.editplus.com). Though there are a few other good choices out there, ('phped' is one), I find myself always going back. It gives you all the basics: sytax colours, line numbers, browser integration, etc. You can use it for 30 days or somethnig like that for free, if you decide to keep it it'll run you some $'s, I've never paid for software before but I appreciate this program so much I may have a lapse just this once.

You have just convinced me to try this text editor , i am downloading edit+ right now, one last thing however i'm not sure which of the php UserFiles to use for the auto-complete feature there are several of them listed on the site. Which one are you using?

Thanks CKnight!

Just downloaded and installed EditPlus. This is definately one of the best editors around! I like it alot! I am going to be using it to edit and compile my java code. EditPlus is very user friendly.

[quote author=DarkAngel link=board=10;threadid=127;start=0#msg2629 date=1041262326]
    one last thing however i'm not sure which of the php UserFiles to use for the auto-complete feature there are several of them listed on the site. Which one are you using?
    [/quote]

I'm glad you like, I'm sure you'll find yourself as hooked as I. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the autocomplete feature as I don't use it. I may go out on a limb and give you the go ahead to use the C/C++ acp as they share very similar syntax, however, you could just go ahead and write one. It's very simple.

If you're getting one from the site then....I don't know, whichever. Just review it before you use it.

If you know C you shouldn't have a problem. Check out wdvl.com as well as the manuals on the php.net site. I just jumped right in and started writing code from scratch the first day with only these resources ;D