Thread: (Layman Science Series) Week 9 - Why does the 45 degree pass light?

Default (Layman Science Series) Week 9 - Why does the 45 degree pass light?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/V2XvgUcbUFE

Dues to the absence of others participation, I will just do a Layman answer

This video shows an experiment of a quantum mechanics (QM) phenomena, in physics, that basically ends with the conclusion that the cat is alive and dead at the same time. Even though the explanation and logics is sound, and I cannot disprove it yet, the subsequent conclusions from the common interpretation/explanation of QM is very weird.

The Experiment

Cross two pairs of polarizer at 90 degrees. Result is no light passes. Insert in between them another polarizer at 45 degree, and the result is now that light passes through.

Explanation without the need for quantum weirdness:

Make an assumption that there exists something in space time, maybe frequencies in space time itself at the atomic scale, maybe something that can influence the permittivity/resistance in space time. For example, a slope with a rough surface and a smooth surface, at a distance a big ball has now problem rolling over each, however as the ball gets smaller, it will have problem going over the rough surface than the smooth one. I am not saying that there could be another Quantum Field, I am saying that the geometry of existing fields can create the effect of permittivity. Electrical field tend to travel through some materials better than some, what is space time had different geometry in those material that just allowed the field to pass through better like in the analogy above.

Light, I believe can experience "Resistance" or rather load balancing or unbalancing

Consider 2 identical antennas. Both transmit and receive. It only matter the direction of the signal. The idea is that a filled antenna pattern corresponds to movement of elections up and down the antenna, whether it be transmit or receive, it does not mater, just how the lag exists (which correspond to a velocity of signal) It also does not matter how many antenna are lined up in the path of the signal
    (P.S) two slightly different antennas would work, just that a reduction of the signal would be felt in antenna 2
    So consider 2 antennas, and they are placed perpendicular to each other. What ever signal in antenna 1 is completely independent of the signal in antenna 2 (Do I need to explain this?) Now if you space out the two antennas some more, still keep them at 90 degrees, then insert an antenna 3 in between at 45 degrees, can you see how a signal in antenna 2 is related to a signal in antenna 1. Likewise a transmission would pass through antenna 1 to antenna 2 via 3. Albeit not maximum strength.

There would be a path created, like a geometric space time path. There was no need to use any quantum weirdness to explain.

Simple Layman explanation is that something affect the permittivity of the light trough the polarizers
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

More

Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you