Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your fixed broadband speeds

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Like me have to go call Flow.. I have 100 mbps package... Now barely getting 40/50 mbps
    They took from the rich and gave to the poor. We thank you.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

So, interesting things are happening! Looks like Digicel is trying to stay competitive.

I turned off QoS/SQM out of curiosity, and this is what I saw...

Or, it could just be short-lived.
    Last edited by Falcon1986; Nov 25, 2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1986 View Post
    So, interesting things are happening! Looks like Digicel is trying to stay competitive.

I turned off QoS/SQM out of curiosity, and this is what I saw...

Or, it could just be short-lived.
    Well Digicel does offer up to 400 Mbps to residential customers so they're no doubt that they can provide those speeds. What I find interesting is that the latency from flow seems to always be higher that what I get from Digicel.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

where is digicel fiber available outside of kingston/portmore these days, parish/location?

Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    where is digicel fiber available outside of kingston/portmore these days, parish/location?
    Mandeville has it. But not everywhere.

FLOW has upgraded upload speeds for most (all?) customers now to 50Mbps. This is nice considering I'm on an older package that was 100/30 - so now it's 100/50. Guess they're standardizing that across the board.

I dislike the fact that FLOW is still milking what they can.

DOCSIS 3.0 can go to 1Gb/200Mb while 3.1 can go to 10Gb/1Gb. We're still WAY under what it can do. Let's hope they'll eventually bump things up as competition increases.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Mandeville has it. But not everywhere.

FLOW has upgraded upload speeds for most (all?) customers now to 50Mbps. This is nice considering I'm on an older package that was 100/30 - so now it's 100/50. Guess they're standardizing that across the board.

I dislike the fact that FLOW is still milking what they can.

DOCSIS 3.0 can go to 1Gb/200Mb while 3.1 can go to 10Gb/1Gb. We're still WAY under what it can do. Let's hope they'll eventually bump things up as competition increases.
    Do you know which part of mandeville is it available. If not how could find out where they have service..
    Is it only in mandeville, any part outside of the town center got service?

Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    Do you know which part of mandeville is it available. If not how could find out where they have service..
    Is it only in mandeville, any part outside of the town center got service?
    Most of the island should have gotten the upgrade. Some customers also got emails about being bumped up to 200/100. Those who haven't - or like me that are on a legacy package - just get an upload speed upgrade to 50Mbps.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Most of the island should have gotten the upgrade. Some customers also got emails about being bumped up to 200/100. Those who haven't - or like me that are on a legacy package - just get an upload speed upgrade to 50Mbps.
    Haven't gotten anything yet. In Kingston on the old Spark package. I know they bumped me up from 50 to 60 download speed previously, so I don't know if that means I don't qualify for this speed bump.

Either way, I'm happy with what I have, so it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Same here. I haven't gotten any bump in speed. I'm on their Do It All package. I'm happy with my 150/30 for now which is more like 180/30.

I'll be giving them a call when I have time to waste if I don't get an upgrade by 2023! I'll tell them I'm switching to Starlink if they don't bump my speed

So I got a sms notification from flow, that they will be bumping me up to 75/20 from my 60/15 for an extra $200 starting Feb 1. https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/supp...e_tid_depth=47

While those on the Internet Essential package with be moving from 50/10 to 100/50 for $300 more.

Then I hear those on their Fibre network will be moving from the 200/50 package to their 1GB package for no additional cost. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...et-speed-boost

Why do I feel like they milking me? Sigh.