Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Your fixed broadband speeds

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Ok, time for you to call Flow >_<
    The last I tried that they said - switch to a current package.

Please DM me with your details. I'll give you a call tomorrow and we call FLOW. I'm going to need your history with the issue, the current package and such. Once I have the details I'd like to speak with them on the issue for you. Then you can call for updates on your own thereafter. Just to give me something to do aside from regular work tomorrow.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Im on the Yaad and Road getting 220/150 and the advertised speed is 200/100 but i only got upgraded to this package on the 7th of February. Was on the fiber max for a couple months getting 120/120 and got no increase to those speeds.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by 5dB View Post
    The last I tried that they said - switch to a current package.
    Got your message. Alright. Let me give a scenario.

As we (all?) know - FLOW is really CWJ rebranded after they purchased original FLOW. The packages supposedly change with speed upgrades as well due to restructuring and licensing for certain channels. Funny that even after that some persons on legacy packages still get better deals.

An example legacy package includes:
    • Home Phone
    • Internet
    • Cable
    As a bonus I get 50% off mobile packages.

Now - I'm on the road all the time. I need unlimited data. My wife doesn't need unlimited since the locations she goes between has wireless - so she just needs enough data to last between locations in in case of outages. Most packages include unlimited social media so she's fine with WhatsApp and the occasional browsing. When we had checked things out - 8GB would be good for her. Packages then I think included 10GB and her package got bumped up to 20GB. I went with unlimited. So let's do some math.

$7,500 - Home services (internet/phone/cable)
    $3,000 - Unlimited talk/text/data
    $2,000 - 20GB data + unlimited talk/text

Total is $12,500 per month. If both persons were on the unlimited plan - that would go up to $13,500 per month.

Versus....current Yaad & Road...

$7,500 - Yaad & Road
    $2,500 - Basic cable package
    $5,000 - 20GB data + unlimited talk/text

Total of $15,000. And that's on the CHEAPEST option if I'm not mistaken. Now - yes - the internet speed at home is faster. But the upgrades along the way have made it so that what I have is all I need.

100Mbps down with 50Mbps up is quite fine for most things. Having double speed would be nice, but I've already organized my lifestyle around what I've got. Gaming is better on the package now - I mean - we're coming from FAR.

Let's not even get into the dialup days. I won't go too far back - who remembers these?

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/d...uch-USB-Modem/

Everything has improved over the years - faster speeds were needed. What they should do is still cater to persons on legacy packages without forcing you to upgrade. The only benefit to upgrading on the current packages is you want home internet only. And they're pushing the new packages with HFC and not focusing on the fiber packages at all - or much. If I decided I wanted faster speeds - I'd go with Digicel and pay the extra for the mobile services. But for me - I'm not going with Digicel for any mobile service plan - just the regular prepaid. They don't offer bundles in any case...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Flow is now offering download speeds of 500 Mbps and upload speeds of 100 Mbps.
    PHONE: XR

Yeah, they have been testing it for a while now. Let's see how Digicel responds cause that 150mb they are offering is outdated now lol.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Check their "Yaad & Road" packages on their site.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica

Still not going with them. Waiting on the boosts from StarLink.

I Recently switched to the Yaad & Road plus package.

They came and replace my modem, we had issues for a few days but all is now working great.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post

They came and replace my modem, we had issues for a few days but all is now working great.

Very nice. Internet speeds have come a long way. Now if Starlink will just do the upgrades on their side - I'll be happier. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post

Is the new modem now fibre based or is it still COAX? Speeds look impressive.