Thread: (Layman Science Series) Week 7 - Why is the sun's corona so hot?

Default (Layman Science Series) Week 7 - Why is the sun's corona so hot?

Intro
    I am trying to post a science/physics question of varying difficulty each week for this year, and maybe a monthly question of greater complexity.

The Rules are:
    Answers must be complete, and each statement must be sound/logical.

More than one answer can exists, until its proven false. Hypothesis and theory varies, but scientific logic used must be sound. For example, no marks for cyclic logic. Another example, in cause and effect, no marks for declaring a cause without completely deriving that cause from a generally known and proven fact.

The better the answer, then the more points awarded. Answers can always be updated at anytime as we learn something new everyday.
    (I do not claim to have THE answer. I will just attempt to provide a possible answer)

The greater the difficulty, the greater the points. I will give an answer at end of week/month ... hopefully. Repeating my answer awards no points, you will have to come with a better or alternate answer.

I emphasize that Logics is key to getting points aka "Sound logics" aka "there is no other type of logics". It is either logical or illogical. (Some people claim other forms of logic like administrative logistics which they essentially hide some of the steps because such steps are nefarious and then claim that they are using a special type of logics. That will give you zero marks here. Each step must be given) I believe that we are smart people here, so we logically know that "Many people having the same answer" does not automatic conclude, or imply, that that answer is THE answer. What can make an answer THE answer is sound logics and proven experimental tests.)

Question
    The suns corona is the outermost atmosphere of the sun, yet is 1000 time hotter that the surface. Fusion occurs inside the sun.
    Why is the sun's corona so hot?

Research Page
    Why is the sun’s atmosphere hotter than its surface?

Difficulty
    Tertiary Physics

Site share of the week/month
    Fermilab - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5...41fJ-IW8Wrhz9A
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Added research

Added research