Thread: Need help to update BIOS on Asrock B450M motherboard

Default Need help to update BIOS on Asrock B450M motherboard

Recently bought an Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600g processor. The motherboard I got is currently compatible with a 2000 or 3000 series Ryzen processor. I need to update the BIOS so that the board can be compatible with the 5600g Ryzen processor. To do this, I need a processor that is compatible with the motherboard to update the BIOS. Can any anyone advise on where I can get an AMD procossor just to update the BIOS?

Quote Originally Posted by chill_chev View Post
    Recently bought an Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600g processor. The motherboard I got is currently compatible with a 2000 or 3000 series Ryzen processor. I need to update the BIOS so that the board can be compatible with the 5600g Ryzen processor. To do this, I need a processor that is compatible with the motherboard to update the BIOS. Can any anyone advise on where I can get an AMD procossor just to update the BIOS?
    That kinda looks sticky. Someone would have to be willing to loan you a CPU for the update to be done. You've got not friends with a compatible processor that could help you out? If someone here has an old CPU thrown down they're not using, maybe they'd help - but again - that's dependent on a big IF.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Sticky for real. Why yuh never researched before buying that board or get the updated version that already compatible with that processor? Maybe if your lucky someone at a computer shop can loan you one or do the board update for you.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Yeah it is sticky for real.

The only only other thing you could try if is to get AMD to send you a dummy CPU that you can boot to. If you are lucky and have the time that should do it.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Not sure where you are located but try AMD short term processor loan

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/fa...-Loan-Boot-Kit

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Not sure where you are located but try AMD short term processor loan

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/fa...-Loan-Boot-Kit
    Good solution if he's overseas. Which I kinda doubt still...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".