Thread: Any one using a 5G phone in Jamaica

Default Any one using a 5G phone in Jamaica

Does any of you guys use a 5G phone in Jamaica on whichever Network it is and how has the service compared to your previous 4G device

I got a good deal on a 5G phone and want to buy it but I want to see if anyone have any experience with their 5G phones, does the service actually good compared to their previous 4G phone, it should be good but is it

I also read somewhere where 5G phones actually works better on the 4G network even better than an actual 4G device
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 1, 2021 at 05:31 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Need a mod for this section to merge the posts. Anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by robb View Post
    I also read somewhere where 5G phones actually works better on the 4G network even better than an actual 4G device
    In most cases it seems that a newer device using older technology will work better. Devices currently on 4G will run 3G with less battery drain. I'm not sure about 5G however, as I believe it was toted to have less drain than 4G. Part of that may be due to the network equipment saturation (more radios) which means less power requirement from the device to communicate with the radios.

There are persons in here that are far more versed on mobile tech - so waiting on clarification from them.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by robb View Post
    Does any of you guys use a 5G phone in Jamaica on whichever Network it is and how has the service compared to your previous 4G device

I got a good deal on a 5G phone and want to buy it but I want to see if anyone have any experience with their 5G phones, does the service actually good compared to their previous 4G phone, it should be good but is it

Not seeing any major difference comparing One Plus N10 5G with my Pixel 3A network performance wise
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    Not seeing any major difference comparing One Plus N10 5G with my Pixel 3A network performance wise
    That may be due to throttling data on both networks. Initially they both were running around the 100Mbps-200Mbps region. Now I'm only seeing like 40Mbps on both.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".