Thread: Suggestions To Boost My Internet Connection.

Default Suggestions To Boost My Internet Connection.

Suggestions To Boost My Internet Connection:
    I am planning to move to a very rural location in Jamaica for long-term stays that currently is notorious for losing its internet signal. It is situated in a small valley surrounded by high hills and a mountain or two and even with cell towers in the area(about a mile or two away)the signal is spotty at best and the bandwidth dies at night. Add to it being one of those fine Jamaican CBS structures, that stands up well to hurricanes and earthquakes but also is good at blocking signals even with repeaters. That said I need to be able to get phone calls and data calls not dropping or failing to connect, as I have to maintain constant contact with remote work and clients while in Jamaica. So do you think a pricey signal gain antenna for FLOW will rescue me from the stress, or will I have to face the high cost of a Star Link installation?

I suggest Starlink based on what you described that appears to be your better option.
    PHONE: XR

Have you approached Flow to see how they can help?

What is Digicel’s coverage in the area? Have you approached them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    I suggest Starlink based on what you described that appears to be your better option.
    I approve this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1986 View Post
    Have you approached Flow to see how they can help?

What is Digicel’s coverage in the area? Have you approached them as well?
    FLOW and Digicel may not help. If there's some coverage somewhere by one of the providers, use of a GSM/4G modem that uses a SIM card may be another option - and it may be what the providers suggest.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Can Starlink work well enough seeing that he is in a valley? Outside of that and they fact you are saying long term and they type of work you need connection for I would say get Starlink as well.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Can Starlink work well enough seeing that he is in a valley?
    Depending on how close/high the surrounding hills are, the Starlink dish should pickup most of the satellites. The Starlink app can be used to check for obstructions before deciding to proceed with a purchase.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com