Thread: Internet Down - Manchester

Default Internet Down - Manchester

Sections of Manchester (Mandeville) have been without internet since midday yesterday. It's more than 24 hours but less than the 48 before you can get a rebate. This is highly inconvenient as persons will have to use data and not everyone can afford it or will have unlimited data available. There are mixes stories from broken poles to damaged nodes. Last I heard they're manually adding users back since they can now reach the nodes but there may not have been any backup. I assume the latter part because they're manually adding back the users.

Considering the current online world that we're in for school and work, this has made things very inconvenient. The company also does not make provisions for persons to get things done. At the very least, they should make access to school resources free on mobile. Especially during these situations.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Service was restored today - a total of about 53 hours of outage. I thought it was 48 hours to get a rebate but I'm being told it's 72 hours. So no recourse for lines being down for that length of time. Great.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

This is the only place I heard this mentioned. Just goes to show that if this happened in Kingston it would be a major outrage. 2 internets.