Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11

So decided to just do the upgrade to Windows 11 today cause why not and so far disappointed that the time no longer shows the seconds when you click on it . Other than that though the centered taskbar will take a lil getting used to but no big deal and it just feels like a skinned Windows 10. Looking forward to that storage boosting technology they bragging about and then I can say the upgrade was worth it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Haven't made the switch yet.

What is this storage boosting technology?

Still on 10. Waiting on a good reason to upgrade because you seem to lose more than you gain with 11. Keep us up todate

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1986 View Post
    Haven't made the switch yet.

What is this storage boosting technology?
    It's called Direct Storage and think they have it on consoles already but the API is already distributed by Microsoft so has to be implemented by the actual game developers:

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I want to upgrade for the upgraded WSL2 experience but that TPM2 requirement is holding me back
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Me too. Unable to upgrade. But I would not be ready yet anyway.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Still on 10. Waiting on a good reason to upgrade because you seem to lose more than you gain with 11. Keep us up todate
    When I saw this I had to go back searching through the forums as I am sure the last I saw was that you upgraded from XP so I was shocked to see Windows 10.

Last edited by psilos; May 1, 2022 at 08:02 AM.

Have like 0 reasons to move from Windows 10... Windows 10 too embedded in me now lol Only if I buy a new PC and it come with Win 11 I guess I'd have to use it...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Have like 0 reasons to move from Windows 10... Windows 10 too embedded in me now lol Only if I buy a new PC and it come with Win 11 I guess I'd have to use it...
    Windows 11 basically looks like a cleaned up version of Windows 10 with downgraded and missing features. Still have 3 years left before you are forced to upgrade or ditch Windows overall so no rush.

Hey Guys,

Has anyone encountered an issue with Windows 11 where the wireless says there are no networks available when there are known networks available? so here's what I've done so far
    • I've run all the troubleshooters in windows
      Reset the network settings
      Turned off power saving on the wireless adapter
      Disabled the wireless adapter and reenable the adapter
      Reinstalled the drivers from both windows update and from the manufacturer
      Downgraded to windows 10
      Reinstalled Windows all together

This one is puzzling even after the reinstall still nothing Help
    "I pledge allegiance to a country without borders and without politicians" - Maximus
    al·le·giance: Loyalty or the obligation of loyalty, as to a nation, sovereign, or cause.