Thread: Flow Modem (Master)

Default Flow Modem (Master)

I am interested in configuring my new Flow Modem (Master aka "white" modem).

I have noticed that you cant make any changes to the IP address or setup a DynDNS.

I have searched all the pages in the modem settings but cant seem to find them.

I used to the messing with the configuration of the Arris modem, the Master modem settings are limited.

Can anyone assist?
    PHONE: XR

Good day. I assume it's this modem.

If yes - you should be able to change your settings here after logging in.

You cannot change your public IP, but you can change your local IP and set your preferred DNS server. You can use this with a service to get things sorted.

If you need a public IP you can request one. If you have a DynDNS account then you need to run their app on something in your house to point to your Dyn address.

If you have hosting with somewhere then you can use the DNS records there to point to something else if you like.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

The modem is white.

The user interface you showed is for the Arris and not the MASTER modem.

Last edited by BountyKilla; Jun 15, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

If they've gone back to that firmware then you won't have the option. That firmware is very limited in comparison to the one shown. They were using it before - went back to the Arris one - and now from what you've shown it seems they've once again reverted.

My recommendation is to go to MODEM MODE and change it to bridged - marry it to your router - do your settings from within the router.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I might have to take the route.

Thanks for the guidance.