Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bridge mode on fiber ONT

I've gotten in touch with someone in the technical department at Digicel to try and get feedback. Will give details once I have more.

So binding it to a specific port didn't work? Hmm...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

No, that didn’t work.

CG-NAT means the ISP is doing the NAT for groups of customers as in all users within the group share the same IP. This is from the backend and not the modem. Irrespective of what mode you put the modem in the ISP is not going to assign a single user his own public IP.

There isn't really anything you can do about it. Public IPv4s are scarce, and the all the Cloud Providers have bought up large chunks. NAT is the only thing keeping the Internet alive despite all the troubles it may cause in general.

Good to know. This makes sense.

So I heard back from my Digicel contact. The department they're in doesn't deal with that side - so someone else was asked within the company. Basically they said to call customer care and try to get through to tier 2 support. They're the only ones that may be able to help as they're knowledgeable on the device and the settings. Sorry about that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Thanks, everyone, for all your help! This has truly been enlightening.

When I get some more time to dedicate to this I’ll call their tech support to find out and report back what I found.

Again, thank you.

Hello, has there been any update to this? Looking to do the same thing (Bridge to a custom router) using a Digicel fiber connection.
    I have the highest underclock in tech Ja! 1440.0
    DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Digicel is the bossss!!!! "
    TECNOLOGY IS THE BOSS!!! I am the boss!! Memba u r as cool as ur tecnology!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cell Guy View Post
    Hello, has there been any update to this? Looking to do the same thing (Bridge to a custom router) using a Digicel fiber connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    So I heard back from my Digicel contact. The department they're in doesn't deal with that side - so someone else was asked within the company. Basically they said to call customer care and try to get through to tier 2 support. They're the only ones that may be able to help as they're knowledgeable on the device and the settings. Sorry about that.
    Best information that I can give at this time. Nothing else AFAIK. If you do find the details then please post - Digicel is not available in my area so I couldn't even sign up and test or anything. And I know nobody in this parish that has it. Is Digicel fiber even available outside of Kingston/St. Andrew/St. Catherine?

Good night,
    Sorry for the delay, looks like everything lock down tight. Can't edit anything on the WAN page. Probably gonna have to abandon this and just deal with the double NAT.
    I have the highest underclock in tech Ja! 1440.0
    DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Digicel is the bossss!!!! "
    TECNOLOGY IS THE BOSS!!! I am the boss!! Memba u r as cool as ur tecnology!!!

There may be another way or an alternative solution. If you have...

1. A Hauwei HG8245H (The Hauwei HG8247H can hopefully be configured similarly)
    2. Subscription to an internet service provider (ISP) fibre broadband
    3. Additional subscription to the ISP for a public static internet protocol (IP) address

...then the following configuration will result in all incoming connections from the Internet to the public static IP address to be forwarded to an internal static IP address of a device (e.g. router) attached to a LAN port of the HG8245H:

Go to LAN > DHCP Server Configuration
    Note LAN IP address (e.g. 192.168.100.1) and subnet mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0)

Go to Status > DHCP Information
    Identify router and note its MAC address (e.g. 00:f0:62:12:00:0d).

Go to LAN > DHCP Static IP Configuration
    Assign static IP address within LAN network (e.g. 192.168.100.200) to MAC address of router (e.g. 00:f0:62:12:00:0d).

Go to Forward Rules > DMZ Configuration
    Click "new" then enable DMZ for WAN (e.g. 1_INTERNET_R_VID_65) with Host address (static IP address e.g. 192.168.100.200).

Hope that this is helpful.