Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridge mode on fiber ONT

I've gotten in touch with someone in the technical department at Digicel to try and get feedback. Will give details once I have more.

So binding it to a specific port didn't work? Hmm...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

No, that didn’t work.

CG-NAT means the ISP is doing the NAT for groups of customers as in all users within the group share the same IP. This is from the backend and not the modem. Irrespective of what mode you put the modem in the ISP is not going to assign a single user his own public IP.

There isn't really anything you can do about it. Public IPv4s are scarce, and the all the Cloud Providers have bought up large chunks. NAT is the only thing keeping the Internet alive despite all the troubles it may cause in general.

Good to know. This makes sense.

So I heard back from my Digicel contact. The department they're in doesn't deal with that side - so someone else was asked within the company. Basically they said to call customer care and try to get through to tier 2 support. They're the only ones that may be able to help as they're knowledgeable on the device and the settings. Sorry about that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Thanks, everyone, for all your help! This has truly been enlightening.

When I get some more time to dedicate to this I’ll call their tech support to find out and report back what I found.

Again, thank you.