Thread: Google will face lawsuit for misleading on Incognito mode

Default Google will face lawsuit for misleading on Incognito mode

It's looking like Google Chrome's Incognito mode is not "really" incognito. According to the article on Engadget ... "The search giant had argued that users agreed to its privacy policy and thus knew Google was collecting data. It reportedly warned that Incognito "does not mean 'invisible'" and that sites could still see activity."

This is a stronger argument to use Firefox or other open browser. Also makes one wonder what other "hidden" privacy policies they have within even their Android OS?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

That is frightening.
    Google has the advantage because it is obvious that data accessed in incognito mode may be of greater interest to them.
    I recommend Ubuntu

Opera FTW. And FF. Just that Chrome is more popular.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Opera FTW. And FF. Just that Chrome is more popular.
    Opera is smoother now? I had used it on and off but it had some issues so I haven't installed it in a while.
    Chrome is my main but when I don't want Google to see what I am doing I use firefox and duckduckgo Search engine.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500