Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines

^ you are assuming that "work" means 100%. it does not. It works enough for them to say it works. And thats good enough for people who do not care about 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    For something to "work" those genuinely vaccinated individuals should be able to confidently abandon their masks in public after a few days of completing all doses.
    The fact that they can still transmit something to others (in an asymptomatic state) puts a hole in your opinion. Such a vaccine does not prevent any new strains and results in a false sense of security (in my opinion).
    Given the virus is highly transmissible and have various strains we should still wear a mask. So while persons may be vaccinated and their body knows how to fight the virus dues not mean they should still exposes others while they do not have the vaccine yet. Also remember this virus has the characteristic of staying on surfaces longer than usual and is resistant to various temperatures.

We cover our mouth when coughing or sneezing pretty much for the same reason. It is just that the "common" cold our body tend to know how to fight it effectively or we have medication to assist.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

The nature of even the regular cold/flu is that it mutates, so every year or almost every year we catch something similar to what we recovered from, but the vaccine in my view will increase the chance of survival rather than being completely immune.. whats interesting tho is the long term view of this is unknown (we haven't gone a full year with anyone on this vaccine, as such for now I'll trust my current immunity build-up of being hit covid once, until otherwise seen
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    The nature of even the regular cold/flu is that it mutates, so every year or almost every year we catch something similar to what we recovered from, but the vaccine in my view will increase the chance of survival rather than being completely immune.. whats interesting tho is the long term view of this is unknown (we haven't gone a full year with anyone on this vaccine, as such for now I'll trust my current immunity build-up of being hit covid once, until otherwise seen
    Yes that is true. This new version of SARS...covid-19 has quite a few mutations already. The Chinese, European, Brazilian and South African mutations. Fortunately the vaccines seem to be most effective against all so far, except for the Oxford one against he South African Strain.

The Phizer and Moderna methods for vaccines are new so it will be a while before we know how they will affect the human race if any. Oxford and Johnson & Johnson are closer to more traditional vaccines. Johnson & Johnson's method to develop its vaccines is similar to what they used to develop an Ebola vaccine so it least it has been done before.

However like you I will trust to build up my immunity until the vaccine (J&J or Oxford) is widely available. We may reach heard immunity by then anyway.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    It works enough for them to say it works. And thats good enough for people who do not care about 100%.
    Would you trust a condom that 80% works?. The guinea pigs who have taken the vaccine thus far had better not be mislead into thinking this was a near 100% preventative step.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Its not a matter of whether I trust it. Its a matter of what people will believe.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Its not a matter of whether I trust it. Its a matter of what people will believe.
    You need to be up voted on this statement. Actually I am "borrowing" it. Thankfully what this Pandemic has taught me is about belief. Truly sorry about all those souls lost so far and the ones to die in the future.

But then again there are people who don't believe that COVID-19 is real so to each his own. Be safe, thats the only advice I can give that can't be misconstrued. Just kidding of course because it could be against people's rights to be safe smh.

Reach page 2 and thought I had posted already. But yeah.

I'll take any vaccine if it becomes mandatory for me to utilize a service that I NEED. Until then, I'm not taking any. And I'm sure I can find alternatives.

I have no intention of taking any vaccine until about a year of human trials have passed. Once the masses decide on what they're doing, and how the results are with the different drugs, I will think about taking that one.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Reach page 2 and thought I had posted already. But yeah.

I'll take any vaccine if it becomes mandatory for me to utilize a service that I NEED. Until then, I'm not taking any. And I'm sure I can find alternatives.

I have no intention of taking any vaccine until about a year of human trials have passed. Once the masses decide on what they're doing, and how the results are with the different drugs, I will think about taking that one.
    Same...I waiting out the year or so. Until then, I will just keep the body healthy. Plus most countries say that they just need 70 - 80 percent to be vaccinated.
    I should be able to choose what vaccine to take then.

If the vaccine is available to you and you fall into the vulnerable population, then take advantage of the opportunity.

Unfortunately, social media, conspiracy theories, anti-vaxxers and sometimes simple misinterpretation have made it difficult for people to make informed decisions about being personally and socially responsible.