Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines

Default COVID-19 vaccines

This is not a new topic in the public domain but with all the information out there on the different vaccines, even the differences between the vaccines I thought it'd be interesting to discuss perspectives on the technology behind them.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Vox has a pretty good explainer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvA9gs5gxNY), but I haven't found any explainer on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by rans View Post
    Vox has a pretty good explainer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvA9gs5gxNY), but I haven't found any explainer on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and how it works.
    Thanks for sharing that link, it was very informative. I may have to watch it again to full absorb some of the explanations around the mRNA and the DNA types but I now better understand the general differences. They briefly explained the J&J vaccines towards the end of the video.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Yeah that video link was very informative.
    I think they left out one of the reasons why the development was short was because SARs viruses have been with us for some time so the have been developing vaccines for the previous SARS and it was easy to leap to SARS 2 ie COVID.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I never buy the first version of anything. Its basically "Park at your own risk". If this trial run goes well, many trial runs will follow. Its a money making bonanza.
    Last edited by owen; Mar 18, 2021 at 02:07 PM.

first of anything is like apps, i'll wait till the bugs are through, but kudos to beta testers and guinea pigs, making it better for the others
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

I'm remaining ignorant to ALL vaccines, and will take my changes with Social Distancing, wearing my mask, and frequent handwashing with real soap.

When Owen and Nevintech take the vaccine, I'll get their feedback on any experienced side-effects 5 years later. At that point, I might consider taking it.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

I'm normally not averse to traditional vaccines, however, I have my questions about these COVID-19 vaccines. The technological approach used to develop these vaccines in 1/5th of the time it normally takes to develop a vaccine for human use, I dunno. Playing around with DNA is questionable and I'm yet to hear any believable facts addressing my concerns. I think it may take up to a year for the real side effects from them to be known, and then the effects may be irreversible.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I've watch a tonne of content on the vaccines and from my informed position my opinion is that it works but 0.001% will certainly die and they have no clue who, when or how. That pretty much the best explanation I can give.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    my opinion is that it works
    For something to "work" those genuinely vaccinated individuals should be able to confidently abandon their masks in public after a few days of completing all doses.
    The fact that they can still transmit something to others (in an asymptomatic state) puts a hole in your opinion. Such a vaccine does not prevent any new strains and results in a false sense of security (in my opinion).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread