Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Google Pixel 3a Still a viable budget device for a Android Camera Phone

Cool Is the Google Pixel 3a Still a viable budget device for a Android Camera Phone

After doing extensive research watching multiple phone reviews, on a shoe string budget of $240USD I have boiled down my options to the Pixel 3a, the only concern here is reliability including famous known screen burns, connectivity, and battery life.

Anyone care to share their thoughts or have used any of the Google Pixel Devices and would like to share their view/experience

i'd greatly appreciate

Thanks
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Why not go with a OnePlus 6 or 6T?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I have a pixel 3a for a year now.
    I got it because I hate software bloat, it has just the basic apps and I install whatever else I use.
    I'm not really a "phone" person, my daily on-screen time is not enough to give a definitive opinion on battery life.
    I only charge my phone about twice a week and it charges really fast.

It takes really great pictures, it's snappy for what I do (I don't play games on my phone)
    I'm on Flow's 8 GB postpaid plan and I get great LTE speeds.. 130Mbps down 60 Mbps Up last time I did a speed test.

Anything else specific you want to know?

I'm not one to talk phones - considering I've had and been using my Huawei Mate 9 Pro for years now. But the phone I planned to go to next was the OnePlus. Can compare.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=9109

And no. I not paying full price. Buying it used in good condition for about $250 is a viable option.

Here it is on eBay.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    I have a pixel 3a for a year now.
    I got it because I hate software bloat, it has just the basic apps and I install whatever else I use.
    I'm not really a "phone" person, my daily on-screen time is not enough to give a definitive opinion on battery life.
    I only charge my phone about twice a week and it charges really fast.

It takes really great pictures, it's snappy for what I do (I don't play games on my phone)
    I'm on Flow's 8 GB postpaid plan and I get great LTE speeds.. 130Mbps down 60 Mbps Up last time I did a speed test.

Anything else specific you want to know?
    I think this basically sums it up,

the main area of interest for me is Photography (esp the Nightsight mode on the Pixel does impress) aside from that - running Google Suite of apps for work, few social media apps, and the added bonus of guaranteed Android 11 and perhaps Android 12 sums it up.

in regards to the OnePlus 6, it's a pretty good phone with a quite capable camera even a bit of outperforming the pixel in some cases looking at a youtube review. It also outperforms the pixel performance-wise (1/0) tho I will not need all that computing power. pretty good match up IMHO - I currently have a Pixel in my cart at 209.98 bucks (open box).. so will do some more reviews a bit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Google-Pixe...kAAOSwdTRezAuH

Kool. Bear in mind you can also find the 6T for about the same price. Used. But once you decide - let us know how the performance is for you.

grabbed a used Pixel 3a for $125 will sure be posting some pics in the photos taken by mobile when it gets here in a week or two.

Phone is here, and so far over a week, it has been pretty impressive, especially using night sight mode. Device came with Android 9, and a few hours later running Android 11 and a bunch of updates, hopefully this weekend I get a chance to do some proper photography

Looking forward to see what photos you take. Are you gonna put them up on a website or IG? Give it six months before you get used to it and sell it.

pretty much a good upgrade from my J7 pro Camera-wise, while camera phones are quite advanced, it does what I need in a phone.

the night mode far bested my wife's One Plus Nord N10 5G and even the day to day shots are better

below is a free hand point and shoot night mode - no adjustments