Thread: Sharing of Multifactor Authenication

Question Sharing of Multifactor Authenication

So its been years since I have posted on here.. .but in light of the Pandemic and the way the Cyber threats "tun up" in recent time. I thing it prudent to ask:

How many organization / IT Department currently share MFA / 2FA Tokens internally?
    Why fight Information Technology when you can outsource IT

Not sure. I use Yubikey on my personal and work devices. But that's entirely my choice - the office doesn't provide those devices. I wonder all the time about this. But - people in corporate are far more reactive than proactive. So listening to small fry like myself will prove fruitless.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I created a demo recently
    @ Https://tokengen.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    I created a demo recently
    @ Https://tokengen.info/
    Good idea. Keep at it and it may gain some traction if you can get into some of these companies. With the rise of ransomware as well, security is an issue. If they have things in place to prevent certain access then at least sensitive information can be kept safe. Mostly. More would be needed, but they won't implement...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

We use https://thycotic.com/products/secret-server/ company wide.

However the sharing of MFA codes doesn't affect us much (if at all) in my area, as each person either uses their own account (company provided or client provided). Everything runs through AAD with MFA.