Thread: Jamaican/Caribbean Vehicle Data

Default Jamaican/Caribbean Vehicle Data

Hey guys. Does Jamaica offers a service where you can get a vehicle's information by its registration number like this EU website?

That website lets you lookup basic information about a, let's say a car, and it gives you all the information. I'm looking for a similar service for Jamaican vehicles. I'm looking for API usage.
    Just an average web developer.

I haven't looked into this area for quite some time so others may have more current information on this. When I did look into this YEARS ago, the closest source I could identify was one of the credit bureaus, and that was for lien information and not online at that. I'd imagine more access to other information online may have come up so will leave it to others to chime in.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Thanks, Chris.

I did, however, contacted Ministry of Finance and they replied:

The Ministry is unsure of how you would obtain such information. As the data you’re seeking is somewhat confidential. However, in developing such forum you will have to make contact with the Tax Administration of Jamaica as they would’ve already have that database/ forum in place.
    I'll send the Tax Admin an email if I've yet to receive the information I require.

The insurance companies are already networked but I am not sure how you get into that. The TRN database is pay-to-access. However what you would really need is the "Fitness" information which I am not sure what the current state of that is. Finding someone in the insurance game might be your best bet.

Thanks. I'll continue with plan b then look at this section at a later date. What's plan B? This is plan b but... a better one �� (every programmer would say that lol).