Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow or Digicel Internet

Default Flow or Digicel Internet

Good Day Gentlemen

This is my first post as you can see I am new. I am seeking your assistance, I am an avid online gamer considering which ISP to go with I currently have flows fastest package but I am very dissatisfied I notice one the upload speed is capped and I basically cannot use this connection.

I have heard of digicel fibre and I am wondering if this is a better option or if not what is the best way to go forward.

Welcome to the site.

Digicel is better overall. FLOW gives all residential customers - regardless of package - a maximum of 5Mb upload. Digicel starts you at 25Mb upload and goes up to 200Mb depending on your plan. If you game or stream content - or generally do a lot of uploads - then Digicel is the way to go if you are in an area where you have a choice.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

As Khat said if Digicel play is in your area then switch to them if speed and reliability is your concern. I have the VDSL internet from Flow and upgraded from 20 to 25mbs and my upload speed went from 2 to 1.5mbs. Called them about it and they telling me my upload shouldn't have gone down with the upgrade, one week later and its still 1.5mbs.

Funny enough when im playing warzone with my friends who have digi play my ping is better than theirs probably cause im on a wired connection as opposed to WIFI.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

I have 150 mbs and get like 200 ping thats very unstable... spikes to 500ms at times and this is on every game I run. I ll try digicel to see if its any better

I seems like the higher the speed package from flow the higher your pings. I noticed mine also went up when they increased my speed.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by miles123 View Post
    I have 150 mbs and get like 200 ping thats very unstable... spikes to 500ms at times and this is on every game I run. I ll try digicel to see if its any better
    Out of curiosity, what CPE do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Out of curiosity, what CPE do you use?
    In layman terms - he's asking what kind of modem do you have.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Good Day Gentlemen

This is my first post as you can see I am new. I am seeking your assistance, I am an avid online gamer considering which ISP to go with I currently have flows fastest package but I am very dissatisfied I notice one the upload speed is capped and I basically cannot use this connection.

I have heard of digicel fibre and I am wondering if this is a better option or if not what is the best way to go forward.

How long have you had the Flow service and can you port a traceroute of your internet traffic say to Google? Also if don't mind can you say which area you are in? I am asking because seeing that more persons are home, both Flow and Digicel are having some issues in different areas of the island.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I do believe flow gives an arris modem its a white slim box

I do believe flow gives an arris modem its a white slim box
    If that's what you currently have then it's the latest model. Check and verify please - it's either the white one or the black one.