Thread: Flow Sim Card repossession

Default Flow Sim Card repossession

Hey guys I'm having an issue here with getting back a cell number from Flow. I ported over a cell number to Flow in April of 2018, shortly after. I stopped using the number, it's been two plus years since I've used the number. I lost the SIM card, and would like to retrieve back the cell number, does anyone know if this is possible?. As the number is temporarily out of service, when I ring it. And speaking with a Flow rep via WhatsApp. They said I should be able to get back the number, once it has not been reassigned.

Flow customer care is of no help, as they don't know what Flows policy on inactive mobile accounts is. All they keep saying is to go in store and see if the Agents there can help. The problem with that though, is that I'm not in a healthy position to go to the store, and My name is on the SIM card. But my Sister ID and TRN is on the account, has anyone ever had to reactivate an old inactive account?. If so, once the number is still available. Did they allow you to get back the number. And if I can't make it to store. Can I send a authorization letter with my sibling to get it done for me, any information is greatly appreciated.

Good morning.

An authorization letter can be used. Sign it and send with your DL or other ID.

If the number is not reassigned you should be able to get it back. Another way of validating it would be to provide frequent numbers dialed or last few top-ups that you can recall.

Go into the store or send your sister. The persons you call may not have full access (or know-how) to the areas that can give the information you need. Chalk it up to inadequate training and/or inadequate access based on support level.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Good morning.

An authorization letter can be used. Sign it and send with your DL or other ID.

If the number is not reassigned you should be able to get it back. Another way of validating it would be to provide frequent numbers dialed or last few top-ups that you can recall.

Go into the store or send your sister. The persons you call may not have full access (or know-how) to the areas that can give the information you need. Chalk it up to inadequate training and/or inadequate access based on support level.
    Thank you so very much for your response and assistance. I really appreciate it, will keep this site posted on the outcome. Flows customer care agents for the most part are very clueless.

For some Reason, they not answering on their customer care numbers. Got through twice on Whatsapp immediately, instead of waiting the next day for a response. Both Agents advise as you informed me. That yes I can send along a authorization letter with my ID and my sister taking her ID and TRN to the store. But they cannot say if I can get back the number, because that decision is up to the Agents in the store. This is crazy, as with Digicel, customer let's you know if you can get back the number or not.
    Wish me and my sister luck, hopefully all goes well. Cause most of the numbers they have now are recycled numbers. So once I can verify the account, and the number is still available. They should be able to give it back to me.

Hey guys, so I promised an update. And unfortunately I was not successful in getting back the number. Despite the number not being sold, and my ID and authorization letter presented. The Agent in the store, said that the number is gone and I cannot get it back. It didn't even matter to them that the account was verified, and our request to repurchase the number was denied. I'm disappointed, but such is life.
    I would stick with Digicel only, but their service in my area is extremely slow. LTE signals available, but unusable for the most part. I get to understand that a lot of areas in the city and across the country suffer the same problems with Digicel. And to a lesser extent Flow, hopefully Digicel is able to fix these problems as quickly as possible. Thanks again Khat17, really appreciate it.

You're welcome. Sorry you didn't get through.

You may only have one option left. That's to wait for someone to actually have the number - then offer them double the cost of a SIM to get it. Which should be about $1,000-$1,500 since I think a SIM goes for about $500 right?

If you REALLY want the number then that's the only other option. That aside - you can try another store since you just could have gotten some crappy agents. If you're near Kingston or MoBay then one of the bigger actual FLOW stores there may be able to help.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    You're welcome. Sorry you didn't get through.

You may only have one option left. That's to wait for someone to actually have the number - then offer them double the cost of a SIM to get it. Which should be about $1,000-$1,500 since I think a SIM goes for about $500 right?

If you REALLY want the number then that's the only other option. That aside - you can try another store since you just could have gotten some crappy agents. If you're near Kingston or MoBay then one of the bigger actual FLOW stores there may be able to help.
    Yeah, I'm just gonna let the number go. We did consider going to another store, but with the COVID-19 restrictions and the long lines. As they were only allowing three persons in store at a time, so the wait is going to be long. And my sister is not a patience person.
    I too figure the Agent in store at the time, hadn't a clue on prepaid Mobile subscriptions. That's what annoys me about Flow. The whole organization is essentially disorganized and everyone does as they feel.

I tried upgrading a sim card for a number I had for 7 to 8 years. Was told it was not registered. Since lately, I only use it for data, so there were no frequently called numbers to give. Now I'm gonna have to let that number go.

Default V

Quote Originally Posted by bloodup View Post
    I tried upgrading a sim card for a number I had for 7 to 8 years. Was told it was not registered. Since lately, I only use it for data, so there were no frequently called numbers to give. Now I'm gonna have to let that number go.
    Most unfortunate, what bugs me. Is why can't they give us back the number. Once we are able to verify the information on the account. Or have the SIM card holder with the PUK information?. I mean is not like they have new unused numbers in the system, most, if not all the numbers they have now are recycled numbers. Both Digicel and Flow need to upgrade their policies on this matter.