Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: e-SIM support from Digicel or FLOW?

I asked about e-SIM yesterday and was told third quarter.
    https://www.mona.uwi.edu/msbm//5G

Which one of the carriers said the third quarter or was it both?

Flow. Digicel didn't comment.

Oh ok, well FLOW are an Apple authorised distributor so that makes sense.

thanx @5dB for the update. everytime I try to go to one of those talk shops I end up missing it. e-sims are probably easy to implement but I am sure it is going to be to their detriment in the long run. I mean these are the same companies that expire people's call credit so they are forced to go into their stores to keep making calls.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    thanx @5dB for the update. everytime I try to go to one of those talk shops I end up missing it. e-sims are probably easy to implement but I am sure it is going to be to their detriment in the long run. I mean these are the same companies that expire people's call credit so they are forced to go into their stores to keep making calls.
    Well, to the point on e-SIMs... It may be a part of their online "storefront" project they're rolling out this year. Perhaps they'll be offering online activations of SIMs (which would be awesome).

Hopefully that Galaxy S20 Update will enable eSIM as well. Too bad there aren't more devices with it. Maybe Pixel 4/4XL and 4a(?).

hey guys any update on this want to get an Apple watch cellular version that used an e-sim. Wondering if anyone know when e-sim will be in Jamaica. Not to mention apple iphones in the USA have dual sim now with esim so this would definitely be useful in Jamaica if we were to have e-sim.

Default Not sure

I guess someone was saying the same thing about electricity back then...

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    e-SIM will likely be a thing but many years in the future when there is more or less no alternative. It really only benefits the phone manufacturer (more space within the phone) and the mobile carrier as they can lock the phone to their network from the onset.

Consumers on a whole basically loses the option to quickly switch phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    hey guys any update on this want to get an Apple watch cellular version that used an e-sim. Wondering if anyone know when e-sim will be in Jamaica. Not to mention apple iphones in the USA have dual sim now with esim so this would definitely be useful in Jamaica if we were to have e-sim.
    According to Apple's site (https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204041), neither Digicel nor Flow offer eSIM.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com