Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: e-SIM support from Digicel or FLOW?

Lightbulb Flow Jamaica eSim

USE OUR eSIM TODAY TO EXPERIENCE OUR NETWORK YOURSELF.
    Even if you’re with another local network provider, eSIM gives you the freedom and ease to add a second number from the Flow network.
    https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/esim?linkId=178687091

This is great news!
    I may switch from OnePlus back to a Google Pixel phone.
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Just got the text today

And when people go there - they not ready. Maybe next week. 8 years behind other countries - but at least it's here now.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Wondering if can run 3 numbers now... Dual Sim + esim ??? Hmmm.. would free up me having to need for two phones..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Wondering if can run 3 numbers now... Dual Sim + esim ??? Hmmm.. would free up me having to need for two phones..
    China already had some triple SIM phones. Just no smart ones last I saw.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

iPhone 14 will be eSims only.. So Flow definitely had inside info lol Soon see Digicel offer eSim now...

So basically we back to TDMA days... TDMA Plus lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

iPhone 14 will be eSims only.. So Flow definitely had inside info lol Soon see Digicel offer eSim now...

So basically we back to TDMA days... TDMA Plus lol
    Never smoke without fire. eSims all across the board by December now.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Never smoke without fire. eSims all across the board by December now.
    Yea, might as well... Seems can register multiple eSims in a phone but can only activate two at a time.. Not bad, should be easier than switching Sim cards and having multiple phones...

Default Digicel

Yea, I might as well... Seems can register multiple times in a phone but can only activate two at a time. Not bad, should be easier than switching Sim cards and having multiple phones...

I messaged Digicel Support, but no word yet on eSIM. I suspect Digicel will be forced to update when people start acquiring iPhone 14 phones.
    Last edited by BountyKilla; Sep 29, 2022 at 01:22 PM.
    PHONE: XR

Saw this on a thread on Reddit about S22 eSIM activation. Thought it might be helpful to post here.

Historically all eSIMs needed a unique QR code (mainly iPhones). Certain devices are eSIM only, and auto populate a SIM number based on the IMEI value given just like smartwatches and require no other action apart from normal SIM activation sequences.

Recently Apple changed the architecture for that software to be less difficult, more intuitive, and less prone to failure. So now they just install eSIM profiles without the need for QR codes at all once the signal is sent. The Android models have not yet followed suit but for any iPhone 11 and below and Android phones, a generic QR code has replaced it that contains the info needed so that personalized/unique codes are not necessary (to avoid issues with emails, expirations, duplicates etc).