Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: e-SIM support from Digicel or FLOW?

Question e-SIM support from Digicel or FLOW?

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if Digicel or Flow support e-SIM? The new Motorola Razr for example only has e-SIM support.

None support it..........

i'm still waiting on this for Jamaica.
    Mobile portability was step one.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Isn't e-sim in essence going backwards???

Yup, no one will support that unless you willing to pay a nice change to get it. Its a trap that local companies will not be able to escape once they jump in. Sim can sales seem to be big business.

e-SIM will likely be a thing but many years in the future when there is more or less no alternative. It really only benefits the phone manufacturer (more space within the phone) and the mobile carrier as they can lock the phone to their network from the onset.

Consumers on a whole basically loses the option to quickly switch phones.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    e-SIM will likely be a thing but many years in the future when there is more or less no alternative. It really only benefits the phone manufacturer (more space within the phone) and the mobile carrier as they can lock the phone to their network from the onset.

Consumers on a whole basically loses the option to quickly switch phones.
    Going backwards as me seh .. eSim phones I know now are dual... eSim + Regular sim... I don't think we will go back to that type of lockdown...

If both eSim + Regular sim can be active at the same time, then I would be for it.

*Google make that happen for the next pixel*
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Going backwards as me seh .. eSim phones I know now are dual... eSim + Regular sim... I don't think we will go back to that type of lockdown...
    If everyone continues to follow Apple, right back there we are heading. They were first with support in 2017 and see everyone else right behind promoting the same. It will go from Secondary e-SIM to primary. We are at the point of no headphone jacks, pretty sure no one expected that but the quest is for additional space inside for bigger batteries etc and slimmer phones.

I think they should support e-SIMs. From a consumer choice perspective, it provides a compelling selling proposition (see iPad e-SIM and doing network swaps on the fly via software). However, its availability is not yet wide enough to invest in same. SIMs will continue to rule in Jamaica, sadly.