Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel: Unlimited Talk To Any Network

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Since the launch I've been having problems making calls. While I would have the occasional "wires crossed" in the past - and more so on POTS lines - even today I made a call from my cell and while it's ringing I'm hearing the conversation of someone else. There's also widespread issues with connecting the calls. What they need to do is fix the stability of the current setup. Then they can look at expansion. Anyways - it's new. Once the novelty wears off I expect things to go back to some normalcy.
    No complaints here on FLOW... most of my calls are in HD Voice, ring & answer in less than 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Why do they need band 13 if they have band 12 already?. Also, could it be that one of the reasons for Digicels very slow LTE speeds in the corporate area. Is because of the transfiguration from Ericsson equipment to ZTE equipment?.
    Band 12/13/17 are not inherently "slow". The issue is that Digicel has not apportioned enough spectrum to its LTE network to really suffice user demands adequately. Granted, FLOW's speed advantage is due to their wideband allocations but they had been very cautious in their product planning. Even Digicel's 3G network is suffering too. Knowing what I know about ZTE's equipment & capabilities, FLOW might just end up keeping their advantage for the foreseeable future.

Watch out for FLOW's deployment of the Ericsson ERS platform soon

Sidenote: The recent plans were a direct result of FLOW's deployment of Ericsson Software Release 15A in the core network back in late 2016 (refering to the Service Aware Policy Controller & Service Aware Service Node). This release also allows for deployment of VoLTE & VoWiFi which would have been signalled by HD Voice being made active. I'm not sure if Digicel uses Ericsson in their core network but... some serious competition is about to hit them.
    Last edited by Brandysull; May 3, 2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Band 12/13/17 are not inherently "slow". The issue is that Digicel has not apportioned enough spectrum to its LTE network to really suffice user demands adequately. Granted, FLOW's speed advantage is due to their wideband allocations but they had been very cautious in their product planning. Even Digicel's 3G network is suffering too. Knowing what I know about ZTE's equipment & capabilities, FLOW might just end up keeping their advantage for the foreseeable future.

Watch out for FLOW's deployment of the Ericsson ERS platform soon

Sidenote: The recent plans were a direct result of FLOW's deployment of Ericsson Software Release 15A in the core network back in late 2016 (refering to the Service Aware Policy Controller & Service Aware Service Node). This release also allows for deployment of VoLTE & VoWiFi which would have been signalled by HD Voice being made active. I'm not sure if Digicel uses Ericsson in their core network but... some serious competition is about to hit them.

Okay so HD voice is live on FLOW?

The wires crossed issue is real i noticing it alot. I also noticing static when calling FLOW from Digicel. I also noticing the digicel home line is actually busy and most times i cant make out a call. So am wondering whether digicel is having issues generally. Also not sure why unlimited calling isnt offered on the landlines still paying taxes on those calls. Silly marketing.

Its a marked departure that the both networks no longer pass these SCT call taxes to customers. Its weird , i think something went down which we need to know. Wish i could get refunded for all those years i was paying taxes for something given free.

At this point any Network Flow or Digi you choose you'll get good offerings.

It's like choosing a highend phone in 2019, they all basically offer great features and anyone you choose you'll be fine.

I Guess unlimited data is next on the list, but that may take a while, think we will just see much higher data allotments.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    At this point any Network Flow or Digi you choose you'll get good offerings.

It's like choosing a highend phone in 2019, they all basically offer great features and anyone you choose you'll be fine.

I Guess unlimited data is next on the list, but that may take a while, think we will just see much higher data allotments.
    I beg to differ, Digicel isn't providing good service to many of its mobile customers across the country. A number have ported out already, worse with the new plans Flow is offering. Digicel hasn't invested in their network for years, and it's now showing. They have poor cell signal reception in many areas, slow unusable data, lack of LTE in many areas in the Corporate area and across the country. And their LTE is super slow, They have now began to upgrade the Mobile Network. But the process is slow, and they aren't covering large areas at once. Hopefully by year end some major improvements are done, otherwise it doesn't look good on Digicel.

The issues I'm having is on FLOW. I had originally gone fully over and kept my Digicel SIM in the phone (dual SIM) just to make it easier on others. I'd just call them back at times as well. If by the end of this month it doesn't clear up - plus I had mobile service outage in one parish I was driving through recently - then I'll probably go back to using data on both networks. This would work out fine for me since you get unlimited calls regardless. So - potato potahto.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

How's the data been on Digicel now? Have they turned up the new ZTE sites in Kingston & other areas yet? The competition is pretty LTE Advanced (LTE+) in places like MoBay (hitting 170 Mbit/s at lunch hour) and are intending to soon add Band 12/13 soon. I'd love to see that they're at least competing.

Not seeing any upgrades here in Mobay..

Digicel LTE Network has gotten super overloaded in Mobay, 10-15 mbps on a good day lol

I did a few speed-tests in downtown Kingston about 2-3 weeks ago and speeds ranged between 20-35 on digicel LTE, best i have seen in a while there.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Not seeing any upgrades here in Mobay..

Digicel LTE Network has gotten super overloaded in Mobay, 10-15 mbps on a good day lol
    And you're on LTE+? Say it ain't so.