Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Fire Tv

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Evening, I'm getting an Amazon fire TV stick Lite. Does anyone here have one or are familiar if it works with the Amazon app store here in Jamaica?. I want to know if I can download HBO Max app from the Amazon app store on the fire TV stick in Jamaica?. I'm seeing on my Sisters Amazon account online that the HBO Max app is Geo restricted so I can't download it from the app store outside of the USA. Anyone knows if this is so? Anyone here have the HBO app on their Fire stick downloaded from the app store in Jamaica, and it works?. Is there a workaround other than VPN to install it on the fire stick, like side loading?.
    I have the Fire Stick 4K Max and have no problem downloading any app for “US-only” service through the built-in app store. While I don’t have an HBO Max subscription, I was able to download and launch the app without a geo-restriction prompt. This is not the case for other services which I pay for, such as Hulu or Sling, which will only stream if I’m tunneling through a US VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1986 View Post
    I have the Fire Stick 4K Max and have no problem downloading any app for “US-only” service through the built-in app store. While I don’t have an HBO Max subscription, I was able to download and launch the app without a geo-restriction prompt. This is not the case for other services which I pay for, such as Hulu or Sling, which will only stream if I’m tunneling through a US VPN.
    Wow, awesome. Only hope I don't have any issues when the box arrives. Maybe the Fire TV app store is different from the Amazon app store?. I'll update when the box arrives of it works or not. Thanks for the information, really appreciate it.

Update, Got the fire TV stick Lite today and unfortunately. I can't download HBO Max from the app store. When I search for it, the app comes up but says it's unavailable. I don't know what to do, cause it's really strange that the HBO Max app is available in Jamaica, but not via the Amazon app store.

The lite may not have access to what other versions do. You could also try using a VPN with it and see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Update, Got the fire TV stick Lite today and unfortunately. I can't download HBO Max from the app store. When I search for it, the app comes up but says it's unavailable. I don't know what to do, cause it's really strange that the HBO Max app is available in Jamaica, but not via the Amazon app store.
    Try changing your address on amazon to a US address this will allow you to download the app then you can try login

Quote Originally Posted by dowayne83 View Post
    Try changing your address on amazon to a US address this will allow you to download the app then you can try login
    It's my sister's account, and the shipping address is a US address. I'm not sure what another address there is.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    The lite may not have access to what other versions do. You could also try using a VPN with it and see.
    I'm thinking you're right about this, it doesn't make any sense though. The HBO Max app is available here in Jamaica. So why Amazon blocking it for use from their app store outside the US. On HBO Latin America website, the Fire TV stick isn't listed as supported devices. The only other option I have is to mirror what's on my phone to the TV.

It's my sister's account, and the shipping address is a US address. I'm not sure what another address there is.
    It’s not the shipping address you must change.

In a web browser, log into the Amazon account associated with the Fire Stick > Accounts & Lists > Content & Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings.

Afterwards, clear the cache for the AppStore within the Fire Stick. Reboot and try again.

If this fails, you might have to use a VPN from the onset. You’ll need one for the actual streaming process anyway.

In a web browser, log into the Amazon account associated with the Fire Stick > Accounts & Lists > Content & Devices > Preferences > Country/Region Settings.

Afterwards, clear the cache for the AppStore within the Fire Stick. Reboot and try again.

If this fails, you might have to use a VPN from the onset. You’ll need one for the actual streaming process anyway.
    Bro Thank you so very much, it work just as you instructed. I'm super appreciative. You don't know how much stress and frustration you save me from trying to sideload the app. By changing the address from a Jamaica to the USA, we instantly got access to a whole lot more content and apps. Thank you again, Godbless.

Good info. Thanks for that on behalf of Nathan77791. I don't have issues with mine - but it's good to know.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".