Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Jamaica hinting at Unlimited Data?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Never in my life have I heard someone excuse criminality as breaking free from the heel of the big man...
    """""""DAMN FOOL FOOL PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAUSE SLAVERY"""""""""" YOUR STUPIDITY IS EPIC, smh, typical jamaican
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    """""""DAMN FOOL FOOL PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAUSE SLAVERY"""""""""" YOUR STUPIDITY IS EPIC, smh, typical jamaican
    The irony. Do you think these things are free?

You think HE is the fool? You come on here admitting that you bypass their security system to get data for free instead of paying like any law abiding citizen, and HE is the stupid one? Thank goodness he is the typical thinking Jamaican, and we not an island full of teef. Smh
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    You think HE is the fool? You come on here admitting that you bypass their security system to get data for free instead of paying like any law abiding citizen, and HE is the stupid one? Thank goodness he is the typical thinking Jamaican, and we not an island full of teef. Smh
    ''''law abiding'''' dwl mi wah have money every single day, mi nuh fool fool, giweh fi unnu lol

when the the russians or americans build something the chinese take it apart bit by bit, and copy all info and make it back and sell the very same americans. ""what u call the them?'' law abiding? copycat? theif? take u pick as every smart human who has the knowledge to modify and use tech to their advantage is seen to the world as intelligent, but to unnu the typical jamaican, 1 track minded who feel unnu a tech just chat and feel like ur all on yah damn high horse, blah

why you think there's network vulnerability software's? why u thing they have system version upgrades? security patches? did u know cisco pays people to hack tech stuff and even what they develop? jah know no wonder why jamaica still backa wall, after so many years and its like ya'll haven't realized a thing, nobody nu learn nutn, how the heck we fi even attempt being a first world country if it stuck a third lol, even the very damn atm them still a use windows 98, no wonder scamming take over ja, ya'll need to upgrade, bout unnu a tech lol

why unnu call the site tech jamaica? where are the real techs here? oh yes mi just remember, we hang out on the asian forums lol, anyone knows how to modify ic's, understand NOR, OR, NAND, AND, NOT, EXOR gates to build circuits, all u people do is hype and talk bout what unnu buy, bredda a nu tech that, this a nu tech site

change the name of the site and call it hype/boasy jamaica dwl

will pass through again in 5yrs and see if any tech stuff happening here, fi now this place is like a grave yard
    Last edited by mega man; Dec 3, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Ignore him guys, I have come across his type many times, we use to call them script kiddies and they act like they know it all. From the manner of his argument and writing, I can tell he isn't educated enough to hold down a decent paying job where he can afford to pay for stuff and resort to criminality just like the many "vampiers" in our socitey reaking havoc on law abiding citizens in the name of eating a food. And he has the nerve to mention first world. News flash kid its called developing and devloped countries! First world and third world is a term used during the cold war to denote if countries were aligned with NATO or the Soviet Union. Maybe use some of your theifing internet to learn a thing or two

Speaking of China they got 1 billion people and you think that would be good enough to come up with their own ideas. And you call them smart

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Ignore him guys, I have come across his type many times, we use to call them script kiddies and they act like they know it all. From the manner of his argument and writing, I can tell he isn't educated enough to hold down a decent paying job where he can afford to pay for stuff and resort to criminality just like the many "vampiers" in our socitey reaking havoc on law abiding citizens in the name of eating a food. And he has the nerve to mention first world. News flash kid its called developing and devloped countries! First world and third world is a term used during the cold war to denote if countries were aligned with NATO or the Soviet Union. Maybe use some of your theifing internet to learn a thing or two

Speaking of China they got 1 billion people and you think that would be good enough to come up with their own ideas. And you call them smart
    Dwl but Leo, you telling us to ignore him and den yuh go right into berating him. lol

Surprised, really, from my years here, I don't recall mega man's line of reasoning this warped. Not sure what changed.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

''''law abiding'''' dwl mi wah have money every single day, mi nuh fool fool, giweh fi unnu lol

when the the russians or americans build something the chinese take it apart bit by bit, and copy all info and make it back and sell the very same americans. ""what u call the them?'' law abiding? copycat? theif? take u pick as every smart human who has the knowledge to modify and use tech to their advantage is seen to the world as intelligent, but to unnu the typical jamaican, 1 track minded who feel unnu a tech just chat and feel like ur all on yah damn high horse, blah

why you think there's network vulnerability software's? why u thing they have system version upgrades? security patches? did u know cisco pays people to hack tech stuff and even what they develop? jah know no wonder why jamaica still backa wall, after so many years and its like ya'll haven't realized a thing, nobody nu learn nutn, how the heck we fi even attempt being a first world country if it stuck a third lol, even the very damn atm them still a use windows 98, no wonder scamming take over ja, ya'll need to upgrade, bout unnu a tech lol

why unnu call the site tech jamaica? where are the real techs here? oh yes mi just remember, we hang out on the asian forums lol, anyone knows how to modify ic's, understand NOR, OR, NAND, AND, NOT, EXOR gates to build circuits, all u people do is hype and talk bout what unnu buy, bredda a nu tech that, this a nu tech site

change the name of the site and call it hype/boasy jamaica dwl

will pass through again in 5yrs and see if any tech stuff happening here, fi now this place is like a grave yard
    Agreed these people are behaving as if these mammoth corporations are pillars of ethical behaviour. Damn corrupt criminal entities exploiting their employees and the consumers of mostly third world nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Agreed these people are behaving as if these mammoth corporations are pillars of ethical behaviour. Damn corrupt criminal entities exploiting their employees and the consumers of mostly third world nations.
    I do not think anyone said that. What may be off putting about that is boasting openly about an exploit on a searchable public forum.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Its the same excuse people use when they theif electricity, water and jump walls to avoid admission fees. I personally think piped water is reasonable affordable but they still use the same excuses. It will never stop with that mindset.

Also, no one was defending these companies

TBH. I didn't read the entire thread. I may go back and do it to see the root of the argument. Maybe. But here's my 0.000000000001 cent.

Large companies these days are corrupt at the core. Their founders never intended for things to be that way, but it's an almost absolute that power corrupts. The fact that it's the way things are is no excuse to steal. The reason laws are put in place and constantly modified is because of stupid people and thieves. Some of the caution signs on devices are put there because of stupid people. And the reason cameras are everywhere now is because of thieves/scammers.

Anyways - as far as "unlimited" goes with data, the companies have more than enough bandwidth to provide this. Whether or not the mobile spectrums in use can handle the traffic, or the antennas they have up can handle the traffic, those are the questions that I can't answer. If a tower gets overly saturated then how will it be handled? What should be done in my limited experience and limited knowledge is switch to LTE devices. This will allow for all connections - including voice - to be handled by data basically. VoLTE.

Technology is moving fast enough that 5G will soon be widespread. Jamaica - though ahead with a lot of things - is backward with certain aspects of technology on the global scale. I believe we were the first in the Caribbean to get the railway and a functioning traffic light. Through pioneers like Hedley Jones we also had the first electric guitar in the world. We have persons of great potential here, but the energies are channeled in the wrong direction.

I'm not 100% sure about now, but previously I really disliked Digicel's approach to 4G data. While FLOW gave it freely to persons that had compatible devices, with Digicel you had to PAY for 4G separately. And the plans were expensive. I expect based on their model to see "unlimited" plans for 10k or more. I also expect that this will be subject to FUPs and it may be similar to other providers like T-Mobile where you get 4GB of 4G and then whatever else at 2G speeds. This wouldn't be bad if the 2G speeds locally were actually usable like they are overseas. But we'll see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".