Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Jamaica hinting at Unlimited Data?

For most of these social junkies with unlimited social they won't even touch that 1.8GB ....

Angry

Flow and Digicel just need to move to a simpler data layout across both pre/post paid accounts.

Bring it down to 7(reasonably priced) standard data tiers with one of those tiers being fully unlimited and they all last 30 days.

1. 2GB
    2. 4GB
    3. 6GB
    4. 10GB
    5. 15GB
    6. Unlimited
    7. Pay as You go (@ a make sense rate)

I hate to say it... but also move to the platform (or similar) of the north American counterparts; where you buy high-speed data buckets, after your data allotment done your data drop to lower speeds with no additional data charges.

Get rid of the whole nickle and dime thing with unlimited social media this and that crap.

Same approach for calls and SMS/Texts on both pre-paid and post-paid, create 2/3 tiers plus a pay as you go tier. At the same get rid of this call the next network surcharge... you are in the same damn country... price should not differ if I call Flow from a Digicel or vice versa...

Them need fi stop drain the ppl dem pocket and the ppl dem need fi stop put up wid dem crap yah...

At the end of the day it would make life easier for everyone and cheaper or at least better value for the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Sigh. Couldn't more liberal tariffs achieve this? Personally, my Social Media usage has reduced dramatically so even if I were a Digicel subscriber this wouldn't entice me in the least. My uses are purely via "Productivity" Platforms with my only social forums being Twitter & LinkedIn and the once a bi-weekly Instagram checkup. I don't anticipate FLOW responding to this... Gig Up is already quite liberal in its allotments and from what I'm hearing, Liberty Global is trying to shift customer behaviour to that more akin to Europe & wider Latin America. I hate this kind of nickel & diming. It is also antithetic to net neutrality. 1.8 GB for 28 Days? This is quite literally the biggest rip off I've seen EVER.
    It seems that their Network is built for social media use only, plus the huge jump from $750 for the second plan. To $3000 for the third is absolutely outrageous. I too hardly use the mainstream social media sites, I use YouTube heavily and thought that they would at least include YouTube seeing that they allowed users to purchase passes. To stream World Cup, Cricket and School boy Football games unlimited and with capped usage.

They offer unlimited data in Panama and T&T, so why cant they do it here?. I mean they upgrading the Network to LTE, so whats the hold u for Jamaica?.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    For most of these social junkies with unlimited social they won't even touch that 1.8GB ....
    I think you might be right. They’ve covered the most widely used apps. Still no reason to beat people over the head with such low data limits. I think it’s because the network can’t manage.

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    I think you might be right. They’ve covered the most widely used apps. Still no reason to beat people over the head with such low data limits. I think it’s because the network can’t manage.
    That's just exactly what it is, Digicel's Network in Jamaica in crumbling. They caused it by not investing in the network sufficiently, being slow to upgrade and build out capacity for the Network. And also being in very high debt, is unable to use state of the art equipment to keep the Network in optimal performance. They are doing LTE on the cheap, the only Network capable of offering actual LTE and Unlimited data is Flow.

Sigh. Couldn't more liberal tariffs achieve this? Personally, my Social Media usage has reduced dramatically so even if I were a Digicel subscriber this wouldn't entice me in the least. My uses are purely via "Productivity" Platforms with my only social forums being Twitter & LinkedIn and the once a bi-weekly Instagram checkup. I don't anticipate FLOW responding to this... Gig Up is already quite liberal in its allotments and from what I'm hearing, Liberty Global is trying to shift customer behaviour to that more akin to Europe & wider Latin America. I hate this kind of nickel & diming. It is also antithetic to net neutrality. 1.8 GB for 28 Days? This is quite literally the biggest rip off I've seen EVER.
    The majority of users with a smart phone will spend most of their data browsing pics and videos on social media. Everything else is just bytes. Doesn't take much to read news etc and all that u get from social media.

Flow needs to stop being mean and give the people some unlimited social media as well. They have the technology they have the speeds and they los9ng customers because no one wants to have fast speeds and cant use it.

I agree digi slow. But flow needs to do better. At 140 megs download speed and they giving measly 100 megabytes social media on flow lyf, one picture at high definition would eat that out. It's a disrespect.

Kindly tell flow rhe only thing can cause persons to switch is unlimited data and talk. The game here is no longer megabytes. It's about unlimited data. So unfortunately flow gotta step up...I love digicel unlimited WhatsApp on postpaid...I got 70 gig as most of my usgae is on WhatsApp. Proud of them.

DWL, seems non ya'll real tech people, i haven't logged in to this site in ages, and to come back here and see you all crying and complaining really makes me lol, both these providers DIGICEL/FLOW have been fully hacked long time now(from them launch wimax lol), practically everyone knows that, they dont have to give unlimited data, WE just take that without begging, DIGICEL recently updated their security system and kicked everyone off, but a month after we're back on(yes digicel unlimited exists, but its top secret unlike flow) i'm using it to run my android box and post right now too, as flow seem to have speed issues lol, in truth flow is faster than digicel, so digicel is more like a backup when flow monkeys around, if they had offered unlimited at a reasonable price this never would have happened, but because of them high prices " trying to kill poor people" We decided no more a that !@$@$%#%

so ya'll can cry what digicel and flow will and wont do, we fed up a them damn foolishness long time, wake up people this is a new decade, we're behaving like the chinese and the germans "we're using our brains" breaking free form slackness

so keep complaining and sit there paying for high crappy data plans, spend all your cash for slackness and think these providers gonna feel sorry fi unnu lol
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    DWL, seems non ya'll real tech people, i haven't logged in to this site in ages, and to come back here and see you all crying and complaining really makes me lol, both these providers DIGICEL/FLOW have been fully hacked long time now(from them launch wimax lol), practically everyone knows that, they dont have to give unlimited data, WE just take that without begging, DIGICEL recently updated their security system and kicked everyone off, but a month after we're back on(yes digicel unlimited exists, but its top secret unlike flow) i'm using it to run my android box and post right now too, as flow seem to have speed issues lol, in truth flow is faster than digicel, so digicel is more like a backup when flow monkeys around, if they had offered unlimited at a reasonable price this never would have happened, but because of them high prices " trying to kill poor people" We decided no more a that !@$@$%#%

so ya'll can cry what digicel and flow will and wont do, we fed up a them damn foolishness long time, wake up people this is a new decade, we're behaving like the chinese and the germans "we're using our brains" breaking free form slackness

so keep complaining and sit there paying for high crappy data plans, spend all your cash for slackness and think these providers gonna feel sorry fi unnu lol
    Never in my life have I heard someone excuse criminality as breaking free from the heel of the big man...

Wonder which of the usual methods being used this time whether its remote proxy or what
    ..PM me

Never in my life have I heard someone excuse criminality as breaking free from the heel of the big man...
    hahahahahahah

good ole techjamaica logic
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.