Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Stadia

Default Google Stadia

Google Stadia, what do you think?

MY thoughts: Is it possible for us to get cheaper VR headsets, and more VR Game content. Imagine playing a Tomb Raider like game in Ancient Monolithic cities, massive Pyramids, so call tombs, various planets similar to Mars or the far side of the moon all in 3d or VR, for cheaper.

Will Stadia Change The Way We game?
    by Tech of Tomorrow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BYkxLUXoo

More vids:

AMD Quietly Makes Their Checkmate move?
    by Tech of Tomorrow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzEE_MMkAgM

Google's Stadia Announcement at GDC 2019 in Under 14 Minutes
    by Engadget
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeFnQrgtZ9k
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

First dude said the internet is owned by Google. lol. These are people who are totally dependant on online services for their income so their opinion is hedged against these services getting widescale adoption. aka shills. i play most of my games offline. None of these new games are good enough for me to spend money to get them. I dont even play mobile games because they are designed to waste your time. People who say stadia is going to change gaming have not finished a game in 10 years - they probably spend all their time dieing constantly in fortnite (thinking they are having fun but really are only addicted to the game loop like cocaine). This guy has no clue why people buy expansive computers to play games with more graphics.

VR games on a whole are trash which is why they are so few good VR games. Having a full 360 view is good for a few scenarios but bad for input speed. The Wii has better VR games. It is not going to get any cheaper because it requires a high frame rate, like 90 frames a second at least. You can hope and pray.

If you can afford to pay for the internet bandwidth required to get a game running smoothly then its all good. But I would rather not be totally dependent on internet services for my entertainment. Google as an advertising company will certainly drop adverts directly into your games like it has done with youtube videos.

Google Stadia is something that is kinda ahead of its time, for this to work we gonna need 10g internet to be the norm lol
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Apr 2, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...net-connection

“To get 1080p, 60 frames per second, required approximately 25 megabits per second,” Harrison said of the tests they conducted last October. “In fact, we use less than that, but that’s where we put our recommended limit at.”

I did not realize that the bandwidth requirement would be so high

Common Flow internet not ready yet in JA.

LOL i had to switch from digi play to flow cause i changed address and digicel not available, while signing up the flow rep said i can choose between two great offers, browse and talk 20mb or 25mb lol. Had to let her know my previous service provider was giving me more than twice that for less money. Digi play needs to go island-wide.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    First dude said the internet is owned by Google. lol. These are people who are totally dependant on online services for their income so their opinion is hedged against these services getting widescale adoption. aka shills. i play most of my games offline. None of these new games are good enough for me to spend money to get them. I dont even play mobile games because they are designed to waste your time. People who say stadia is going to change gaming have not finished a game in 10 years - they probably spend all their time dieing constantly in fortnite (thinking they are having fun but really are only addicted to the game loop like cocaine). This guy has no clue why people buy expansive computers to play games with more graphics.
    Good points, Owen.

PS I recently got a XBOX ONE S as a gift and a few AAA games. I have a Nintendo Switch with nearly ALL the popular games, and I have a few legit PC games, as well and a AMD RX 570. The last mobile app game that I played was UNO and I was addicted to that. It has been a while since I have played mobile games, maybe years. I guess that I am busy these days. However, my son does. Also, children tend to play a lot of mobile games. Who buys the Android tablets. Adults. And for their kids.

Any new-console owner knows the high cost for games. No boot legs. And the frustration in having Mortal 11 on the switch and then can't play that cartridge on a PC and so on. Even though you legally own the game.

I agree that some games are a straight waste of time. But even a simple game like Fifa 2018, I have much fun with in 2 vs 2 local play. I can see people having fun with this in true 10 vs 10 online play.

At the end of the day, we know it is a money making thing, but would it be cheaper for the gamer, with better content?

I believe the concept is to stomp out piracy. If exclusive AAA games are available on Stadia only, then bootleggers would have to pay. (This is the concept with all most of the online play games). Google may introduce a monthly fee on stadia to play any content. But will it benefit the gamer. Not for common Jamaicans.

Maybe the government can use any (offered?) Google business VR service to use it to train fire fighters in quad-copters and building rescue without paying for much simulation hardware

VR games on a whole are trash which is why they are so few good VR games. Having a full 360 view is good for a few scenarios but bad for input speed. The Wii has better VR games. It is not going to get any cheaper because it requires a high frame rate, like 90 frames a second at least. You can hope and pray.
    Yes internet speed needed seems to be next to godlike bandwidth. Consoles still rule. Different tech for different countries.

I have never played a VR game, but I think the concept is great. Just like watching a 3D movie where the view looks immersive, I can imaging a VR game could be just as immersive.

If you can afford to pay for the internet bandwidth required to get a game running smoothly then its all good. But I would rather not be totally dependent on internet services for my entertainment. Google as an advertising company will certainly drop adverts directly into your games like it has done with youtube videos.
    I figure Google would not target people without hard core internet. But it is sad that common FLOW internet will not be fast enough.

Definitely ads in free games and demos.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire View Post
    Any new-console owner knows the high cost for games. No boot legs. And the frustration in having Mortal 11 on the switch and then can't play that cartridge on a PC and so on. Even though you legally own the game.

https://postimg.cc/yWnBq04S

Look at dem prices.

An arm, a leg, and a kidney

I wish I could buy 5 BMWs but I cannot afford to. I would not even rent a BMW. It is the same with video games just because they are expensive does not mean that they should cheap. If they can't catch you with $59.99 they will catch you with $9.99 a month for 10 years until you realize that you are wasting your time playing trash games instead of buying and playing only the ones you like - its cheaper and gives you more fulfillment. And its not just $9.99, you have add the cost of internet into the mix - thats what? $50 a month? so you paying $9.99 for stadia, $50 for internet and $2 per game to rent it per month? While you watching ads every hour, lol. I dont see the costs netting out at all.

It will get harder to pirate games.

Google will target $$$ countries.

It will not work for Jamaica I see. I would rather save that $50 and buy $150 decent graphics card. That's just 3 months. A decent rig in 6 months. Old school games.

There is a catch with new games. DX12 only on win 10. Windows virus scan complains about every boot leg patch it sees like it is "the greatest virus ever conceived". Windows 10 always needs to be updated, and the virus scan "with aka bootleg remover" will always update

Google has its own game studio now so it will be possible for them to make at least one AAA game, plus they have a lot of support. New technology. New physics engine, the works. All the newness that hardcore gamers like. It will probably not work in Jamaica because of "overall" cost and "slow" internet.

We will just have to see how this turns out by the end of the year.

Google Stadia will work in Jamaica if they see a market in Jamaica and they see a need for it. It will trickle down in the future. For the tech to work well, the latency will have to be low and not just have a bandwidth requirement and Google have servers on island already for other services so it will not be a stretch to have a couple of those Stadia servers in when they are ready.
    If they ever decide to come to Jamaica with this tech, the basic ISP speeds will higher at that time.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500