Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flow: Gig up Yuself !!

Default Flow: Gig up Yuself !!

Bwoy... it seems Flow doesn't want to compete with Digicel...
    Flow always does things and it never surpasses or beats what Digicel has.. it just always lingers behind Digicel's offerings...

These plans thou they offer good data, the time spans are low, Digicel gives 4GB data for 28 Days and the cost is $2000, compared to 4.5GB data for 14 days on Flow for $1999

Once again, I don't think Digicel will have to respond to this..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Apr 6, 2018 at 06:15 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Flow always does things and it never surpasses or beats what Digicel has.. it just always lingers behind Digicel's offerings...

These plans thou they offer good data, the time spans are low, Digicel gives 4GB data for 28 Days and the cost is $2000, compared to 4.5GB data for 14 days on Flow for $1999

I agree, the data allotments are OK, but the duration of each plan is not optimized well. I mean who is going to buy a data plan for $2000 for just two weeks?. I applaud Flow for making the move into the GB realm for all data users, but I believe they need to adjust the plan durations. As well as remove overages for all prepaid accounts. Similarly to what Digicel has done.

I did ask via twitter if Digicel felt the need to respond to these new data tariffs from Flow. The Agent only replied that I should keep looking out for more awesome deals and services from Digicel.

Well, the plans seem pretty good to me... I'm using the 14 Day 4.5 GB plan. The text and data allotments are quite useful actually. It makes more sense (at least for me) to have the 4.5 GB plan for 2 weeks rather than 30 days... on FLOW's LTE network, you'll easily blow through 4.5 Gigabytes in 2 weeks (or even a week). 28 Days of 4 GB data on Digicel might seem reasonable but given the rather glacial speeds they offer, it might last there. I bought the plan at around 4 PM and I'm already down to 4 GB from 4.5 GB.... and this is on light usage.

The only thing i see better about these plans is the amount of minutes you get to call which is much more than Digicel. Im on the $700 28 day plan which gives 800MB and 60 minutes of call from digicel and that last me the entire month lol. Thanks to rollover i have about 200 minutes and over 5GB of data. I don't do speedtests but i have no issues with my digicel service in Kingston posting snaps or watching videos or downloading files so flow will have to do much better to make me even look at them.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

4.5Gb wont last 28 days for me so I don't mind 14 days

Quote Originally Posted by bloodup View Post
    4.5Gb wont last 28 days for me so I don't mind 14 days
    Yes... but then you'll be paying almost $5000 for data for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I agree, the data allotments are OK, but the duration of each plan is not optimized well. I mean who is going to buy a data plan for $2000 for just two weeks?. I applaud Flow for making the move into the GB realm for all data users, but I believe they need to adjust the plan durations. As well as remove overages for all prepaid accounts. Similarly to what Digicel has done.

I did ask via twitter if Digicel felt the need to respond to these new data tariffs from Flow. The Agent only replied that I should keep looking out for more awesome deals and services from Digicel.
    Nathan, my sentiments exactly. The 4.5gb plan should be for 30 days regardless of whether or not some ppl say 4.5gb can't last them a month it would last MANY people a month. After using LIME as my primary provider since December 2014 I switched to Digicel last month for the nuff data nuff talk. You cannot beat 1.5gb and 1000 minutes for $1000. No way am I paying more than $2000 a month for a phone plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    The only thing i see better about these plans is the amount of minutes you get to call which is much more than Digicel. Im on the $700 28 day plan which gives 800MB and 60 minutes of call from digicel and that last me the entire month lol. Thanks to rollover i have about 200 minutes and over 5GB of data. I don't do speedtests but i have no issues with my digicel service in Kingston posting snaps or watching videos or downloading files so flow will have to do much better to make me even look at them.
    Why not use $1000 plan with 1.5gb data and 1000 minutes?

Why not use $1000 plan with 1.5gb data and 1000 minutes?
    I never even knew of that plan till now cause ive been on the Quick Pick plan for a couple months now and never checked the plans since they started offering the nuff data and talk. I hardly call people on credit so that 1000 minutes will surely go to waste lol but i may consider switching to this plan instead.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 12, 2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Yes... but then you'll be paying almost $5000 for data for a month.
    I'll be spending it either way

I don’t think they’re trying to compete with Digicel. They’re targeting high data users who will be willing to pay the tariff. Thus recouping of the upgrades will come from a high tier type of customer who will push the limits of the network. Then, when they have put some stress on the network, they will target everybody else after.