Thread: No more missed call text from digicel??

jomo Guest

Default No more missed call text from digicel??

This is about it for me Digicel...

As of late I've been feeling like a very stupid post paid customer

No matter what plan, data bundle, or how much I use the phone my bill is extremely high

And now this...

My job is VERY STRESSING so at times I turn on airplane mode and return MISSED CALLED form my 123 message AS I SEE FIT

The other day, a Co worker said he called me several times, but I haven't seen an missed call text, my phone has been off for over 12 hours and I KNOW PEOPLE WERE CALLING ME however I do not know who because apparently digicel decided that the missed call text is either cancelled or buggy or.... What I have to sign up for it??

I've been a postpaid customer for well over a decadr, I've had my # since 2001 and for the first time I feel like

A) switching my # to pre paid and getting lime post paid

B) switching my # to lime and turning in postpaid

Only itch is I'll need a digicel pre paid sim as well because, well, flow sucks... So I'll still need access to digicel data...

Jah know this one mi cannot believe, and there isn't even a proper way to call customer service anymore, it's pointless

I was digicels biggest fan at one point now I feel used and abused and mistreated, especially since my 8gb of data doesn't even last a week and my phone bill is over 10k no matter what

DIGICEL needs a real wake up call

Almost sure I got missed call text yesterday..

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Almost sure I got missed call text yesterday..
    Well I'm going to try a few times with my lime and digicel chip in the same phone and see how much missed call texts I get from each # from a digicel landlines and a lime #

I always have my phone in airplane mode with the confidence that I know who will be calling me when I toggle it on in 15 minutes half hour or even a day if I feel like, trying to cut out a such radiation around me and my family as well not even WiFi I want in the house

Both companies leave much to be desired.

FLOW post-paid customer. No problems really - just that IMO they do things differently. Here's my take on the two companies. Correct me if I'm wrong. Some info may also be old.

DIGICEL & FLOW
    1. Prepaid bundles are very good. Makes you wanna switch.
    2. Calls are per second billing if you go over.

DIGICEL
    1. Static bill regardless - unless you go outside your bundle.
    2. 4G service almost everywhere.
    3. No unlimited data bundle (pre or post).

FLOW
    1. Bill varies based on usage - always based on your usage within or outside the bundle.
    2. 4G service in some places.
    3. Unlimited data bundle (prepaid)

Whenever I do these comparisons I always cite one thing that happened in Portland. Where I had 4G on my Digicel and couldn't load any website but the FLOW on EDGE could load things quite fine. Again - there are places that both providers have no signal (drive from Christiana to Falmouth) and some places where one works better than the other. Overall for voice usage I find that Digicel had fewer dropped calls and you're better able to do voice calls versus FLOW. The dropped calls are about the same. The data seems to be about the same with FLOW being a bit faster even in congested areas. The suggestion is to benchmark both in the places you visit most and make your decision based on that.

I've had cases where FLOW service is completely down for hours. Doesn't run into the next day (not usually) but it is very inconvenient. I've had fewer cases in my own experience of Digicel being totally down. I've had cases where Digicel goes down too, but that's usually in hurricanes or such (which is also very inconvenient).

Based on your own experience I'd say make your decision. I stick with FLOW because they're mostly up and the bundles not bad. Only issue is that the bill always varies based on usage. You'd have to call customer disservice and have them give you what your bill would be like if you used your entire data/voice/sms bundle and work within it.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

jomo Guest

Well I called customer care and they said the option is ticked for me to receive missed call notification... So if it continues I'll have to change sim card or go to the head office

go and give DIGICEL a real wake up call!
    professional level laptop desktop repairs

What happened with this? Nothing so far?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".