Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flow Jamaica launches unlimited data

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    If they really are serious about unlimited data, then they should set the FUPA cap at 25GB and slow speeds to only 3G if the tower in the area is congested. Or the user has violated the FUPA agreement. For that price point, 2G speeds slow down is unacceptable. I really hope they listen to the recommendations from subscribers, and adjust the plan.
    I can guarantee most people don't average over 15 GB a month... I certainly don't and I'm sure I'm in the top percentile of users. Last month I did 12 GB and I'd still have 3 GB left in the cap..... 25 GB? T-Mobile at any moment in time has Bands 2, 4, 12 & in some cases Band 5 active on their cell sites whereas FLOW only has LTE Band 4, far less capacity per site than T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    If they really are serious about unlimited data, then they should set the FUPA cap at 25GB and slow speeds to only 3G if the tower in the area is congested. Or the user has violated the FUPA agreement. For that price point, 2G speeds slow down is unacceptable. I really hope they listen to the recommendations from subscribers, and adjust the plan.
    Why cant Flow get some kinda modems like what comcast has? nationwide wifi etc

Also they have the bandwidth to provide true unlimited by also blocking out torrents and such and restricting downloads. Why not whitelist some sites and call it social lyf or free lyf or whatever... and allow customers the ability to browse those free .afterall why should you pay to browse facebook live videos etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I can guarantee most people don't average over 15 GB a month... I certainly don't and I'm sure I'm in the top percentile of users. Last month I did 12 GB and I'd still have 3 GB left in the cap..... 25 GB? T-Mobile at any moment in time has Bands 2, 4, 12 & in some cases Band 5 active on their cell sites whereas FLOW only has LTE Band 4, far less capacity per site than T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T.
    I take you're point, as it is indeed factual. But for users like me who are YouTube and movie streaming addicts, 15GB is going to be used up in a day or so. On our monthly bill, we use 170GB, 157GB of that is used by me for streaming YouTube, movie streaming and Live streaming. I do watch a lot of videos, but the resolutions and bit rate account for the large data size. I alway stream in 2160p when available. On the other note though, do you have any information that you can share. About Flows LTE Network?, Do you know if they are near to resolving the issues causing the delay?.

Really appreciate how up-front they are in the fine print but about this tethering restriction. I'm having a hard time understanding why it would be an issue if there is already a FUP in place for bandwidth use. Is there a technical reason why they would want limit that? Something to do with network optimization and expecting a certain number of active connections from any given phone?

My guess is that; 1. they don't want people bleaching on the phone network all the time instead of getting broadband. 2. they know how phones behave when connected and they don't want 1 phone to be acting like 5 or be doing weird stuff like using ftp. 3. they want everyone to pay the fee instead of leaching/sharing off each other.

You know your Unlimited Data plan is trash when Digicel doesn't even feel the need to respond.. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    You know your Unlimited Data plan is trash when Digicel doesn't even feel the need to respond.. >_<
    Or your network is too trash to respond? Who knows?

Or your network is too trash to respond? Who knows?
    Both are trash man... it's just a matter of who is the bigger trash.. lol

You know Digicel will only respond to Flow when they feel threatened, and Flow's Unlimited data plan doesn't seem to be posing any threat at all..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Both are trash man... it's just a matter of who is the bigger trash.. lol

You know Digicel will only respond to Flow when they feel threatened, and Flow's Unlimited data plan doesn't seem to be posing any threat at all..
    I don't think the response is incumbent on whether they, Digicel, constitute FLOW's UDP as a threat but moreso whether they posses the capability to do so... which they already practically do... their Top end SMART plan had 10 GB of data (albeit with an 'FUP' policy and being on 4G/HSPA+) but it costs FAR more than FLOW's UDP. Digicel's been doing some upgrades to their towers, moving to the RRUS 11 (a step behind FLOW's RRUS 12) and some link upgrades but I've yet to see the materialization of the ZTE partnership in Jamaica. I'd have to see the recent sites in Trelawny to see whether they are are still Ericsson or ZTE. They should be able to offer lower costs per gigabyte if they move to ZTE equipment but the manpower and the costs of ripping out perfectly usable RBS6000s is almost unsurmountable. We'll have to see I guess
    Last edited by Brandysull; Nov 26, 2017 at 07:35 PM.

15 GB a month w/ a 2G speed cap once you've exhausted your fair usage till the end of your billing cycle. Not too bad
    is this still the case?
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android