Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flow Jamaica launches unlimited data

I expect Digicel to throw in their unlimited on their 6k per month plan with the same freebies and tout the ability to call everywhere locally with tax included. I mean FLOW clearly is not thinking as 15 gb with basically no perks makes no sense. Fair usage should be no less than 50 gb as ur talking postpaid here without tethering

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I expect Digicel to throw in their unlimited on their 6k per month plan with the same freebies and tout the ability to call everywhere locally with tax included. I mean FLOW clearly is not thinking as 15 gb with basically no perks makes no sense. Fair usage should be no less than 50 gb as ur talking postpaid here without tethering
    I agree The FUPA cap should be no less than 50GB. To be a little reserved, let's say 25GB. Flow needs to go back to the drawing board, and create new unlimited plans. That cater to each segment of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    Not a fair comparison and inaccurate info they're spreading. T-mobile USA postpaid is $40/month, per line, ONLY when there are Four lines on the one account. An individual line is $70 for 1 line. 2-3 lines is more than $40, but less than $70 per line.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-...85BRNKTDO37510

Now, forgetting about US, yeah this will be dear for many, but maybe Flow's intended target for this first wave of changes may be willing.

These little catches you posted are probably more of an issue. Tethering shouldn't be an issue and should be allowed.
    Tax on free minutes is quite rubbish, but...
    That ETF is even moreso. There should be a hard number that lowers a set amount each month as contract progresses.
    OK, I understand now. $40 really sounded like a sweet deal for unlimited data for a single user. The $70 single user price, is still more affordable than what Flow is offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    OK, I understand now. $40 really sounded like a sweet deal for unlimited data for a single user. The $70 single user price, is still more affordable than what Flow is offering.
    Scale & Network resources are an important part of the equation. For instance, most of the parts used on T-Mobile's network are made in Mexico (by Ericsson for instance) which is under a free trade agreement i.e. no import tariffs. This means lower equipment costs and the ability to build out rapidly and cost effectively. FLOW nor Digicel has that... not to mention that both don't have many customers averaging 50 GB a month much less those who can afford to do so.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Nov 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM.

Do note by the way that FLOW limits unlimited customers to 40/10 Mbit/s according to the terms and conditions they have online. Love the transparency in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Not hard to achieve if you have fam or friends you can split the bill with. That's what I have been doing for years on my account and everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Do note by the way that FLOW limits unlimited customers to 40/10 Mbit/s according to the terms and conditions they have online. Love the transparency in that regard.
    OK, I thought that unlimited users would get the full speed of the Network?. I agree with you, The transparency is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Scale & Network resources are an important part of the equation. For instance, most of the parts used on T-Mobile's network are made in Mexico (by Ericsson for instance) which is under a free trade agreement i.e. no import tariffs. This means lower equipment costs and the ability to build out rapidly and cost effectively. FLOW nor Digicel has that... not to mention that both don't have many customers averaging 50 GB a month much less those who can afford to do so.
    Yes, thank you for that explanation. Those factors must be considered as well. Anyhow, hope they have something for prepaid customers come Christmas.

I want no less that 25gb for that kind of money. They should have a higher package with all the perks. I want to watch alot of instragam videos at high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I want no less that 25gb for that kind of money. They should have a higher package with all the perks. I want to watch alot of instragam videos at high quality.
    If they really are serious about unlimited data, then they should set the FUPA cap at 25GB and slow speeds to only 3G if the tower in the area is congested. Or the user has violated the FUPA agreement. For that price point, 2G speeds slow down is unacceptable. I really hope they listen to the recommendations from subscribers, and adjust the plan.