Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 7/7 Plus Thread

Prices have very little to do with reality. Inflation will always cause prices to go up. There will eventually switch from marketing about speed to something else like dual cameras or 4k or things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Prices have very little to do with reality. Inflation will always cause prices to go up. There will eventually switch from marketing about speed to something else like dual cameras or 4k or things like that.
    Prices have very little to do with reality? Where?

I thought all of us were on earth 0_o

I really don't care how the company feels. I am speaking from a consumer point of view.

What is this? http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_...news-20467.php

Isnt that dual cameras, faster cpu, bigger battery and more ram?

Just like what Apple did.

Only Samsung didn't get the memo it seems. They released, smaller single camera, smaller battery, same cpu and same ram. That's why I jumped off the Samsung ship and if I had bought a Note 7 and see the what the iPhone 7plus is I would have been so upset.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Knowing Samsung they gonna jump the gun and offer a triple camera phone where we will have 3 levels of optical zoom.. lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Knowing Samsung they gonna jump the gun and offer a triple camera phone where we will have 3 levels of optical zoom.. lol
    Lol... Just give me more for my money.

But what the different phone makers are using dual cameras for is pretty cool. They are not the same in implantation so far.

LG's implementation is very basic (normal camera and wide angle). I like the wide angle. Samsung chose to opt for cheap back cover.

Apple uses their dual cam for zoom along with other stuff. haven't seen it yet, but it will be impressive.

Huawei implantation I think is my favorite:

The P9 comes with a duo of 12MP snappers co-designed with Leica - a regular 12MP sensor is joined by a second monochrome 12MP sensor - both with Leica optics and featuring hybrid auto-focus, which combines laser, depth, and contrast detection. On board, we also find Leica-exclusive color modes and a real-time shallow depth of field effect, among many others.

The Huawei P9 features two 12MP sensors, one is fairly standard and captures color photographs while the other is only monochrome (black & white). The latter lacks a Bayer filter which is used in color cameras. This has enabled the monochrome sensor to capture (up to 3x) more light and so it should fare better in low-light photography.

Conclusion about cam:
    We have to admit Huawei offers one of the best low-light photography skills on its flagship phones since the P8 and it's one of those camera we'd pick for low-light shots in a heartbeat. While confusing at first, Huawei's take on the interface and capturing process is amog most intuitive and user-friendly we've tried so far.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p9-review-1428p8.php

So their dual 20Mp on their next flagship is gonna be killer. Owen acting like dual cams are gimmicks.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The iPhone give live preview DOF.. that's cool.. I can get DOF with my Note 5.. but it's not Live.. and I have to be within a certain (near) distance of the subject..

When I get a i7 i'll see how near a subject has to be.. I take allot of auto pics from my cell, would be nice to get some background blur..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

I'm not saying the dual cameras is a gimmick. What I am saying is that you have to give the customers something to hype about every year, if its not RAM or speed its something else. And as far as price goes , if it cost $500 dollar for apple to make the iphone they are still going to sell it for $1100 (and they will give you a random reason to believe its worth that) because they are price fixing all the way up the supply chain and they know people will pay $$$$ for the newness. And the rich will pay to be exclusive. And the poor will wait for the "hand me downs". And the people with a single camera will want 2 etc etc.

Oh dont forget that new jetblack colour. I think it costs extra.

Apple don't price fix.. they just sell products at tremendous profits...

Price fixing would be if multiple phone companies all sold their phones for the exact same price way above market value and share the profits amoung themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Oh dont forget that new jetblack colour. I think it costs extra.
    You get a particular size in Black .. that's all...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

a company can do it all by themselves

Apple rejects iPhone price-fixing allegations in Russia
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ap...-idUSKCN10K136

Apple warns that iPhone 7 in new Jet Black color will scratch, forces minimum 128GB storage capacity
    http://www.dailydot.com/debug/apple-iphone-7-jet-black/

I was saying $500 with new factories and processes and so forth plus extra RND for new hardware and programming etc.
    But this article estimates $250 but thats just parts. Assembly, testing and software should double that figure. Although software shouldnt be charged on a per phone.

The iPhone 6s Costs Less Than $250 For Apple To Manufacture
    http://wccftech.com/iphone-6s-costs-...4-manufacture/