Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    LOL... that's GREAT but, with their heavy-handed fair usage policy and litte/no capacity on LTE?
    Exactly what I was saying, they need capacity and optimization on all their cell sites. I'm in Kingston 11 area near Three Miles and LTE from Digicel is super slow and unusable. I did a LTE speed test from Digicel and got 1.56 down and 2.74 up. That's on band 12 10mhz. It's really sad, it doesn't help that they are broke. And cannot upgrade as fast as the competition. It's a good response, but can they cope?. I'm sure they thought about this, before conceiving and releasing this new unlimited plan. Hence the 50GB cap and 2G afterwards. They could have put the cap at 100GB.

Digicel....

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Digicel....

Again... nothing beats an iron clad value proposition that is clear, concise and well-thought-out. 10 GB of data (for a limited time) on a barely-there data network is silly IMO. Again, the fundamentals leave a lot to be desired.

Again... nothing beats an iron clad value proposition that is clear, concise and well-thought-out. 10 GB of data (for a limited time) on a barely-there data network is silly IMO. Again, the fundamentals leave a lot to be desired.
    Remember that there are FUP's in place. Every month I get texts from Digicel that I've exceeded my "unlimited" calling plan. I've NEVER gotten that on FLOW. I have to use both though - I drive a lot and data/voice is better on one network while driving through somewhere versus another. In all major towns they both have good coverage, but driving FLOW has better voice, Digicel has better data.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

So anyone figure out how much data flow give you when you purchase the prepaid/postpaid unlimited data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    So anyone figure out how much data flow give you when you purchase the prepaid/postpaid unlimited data plan.
    No, nothing official. But I see where a user and even Digicel themselves saying it's 30GB. Digicel offers 50GB then down to 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Remember that there are FUP's in place. Every month I get texts from Digicel that I've exceeded my "unlimited" calling plan. I've NEVER gotten that on FLOW. I have to use both though - I drive a lot and data/voice is better on one network while driving through somewhere versus another. In all major towns they both have good coverage, but driving FLOW has better voice, Digicel has better data.
    Wow, Digicel has really improved. For you to be saying that they have better data while driving. I remember two years ago, you didn't recommend users to use Digicel. If it is they need data only. I think Digicel severely uses Fair usage. They have the capacity to offer more, but alas they need all the money they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    No, nothing official. But I see where a user and even Digicel themselves saying it's 30GB. Digicel offers 50GB then down to 2G.
    FLOW says it hasn't a limit but it's a function of the usage patterns of those on that plan tier. Digicel's plan is more straight forward in the cut-off but it's not very "unlimited" is it?

Thumbs up

FLOW says it hasn't a limit but it's a function of the usage patterns of those on that plan tier. Digicel's plan is more straight forward in the cut-off but it's not very "unlimited" is it?
    You sure? Cause I saw a user who tried the unlimited data plan from Flow. And the person said that within 5 days, a text came saying they have reached fair usage on this plan. I'm not sure if the person activated the 30day plan, as it is the only unlimited plan. But see if you can hear anything on the new Fair usage policy for the 30day unlimited plan. The FUP for the 30 day plan isn't yet uploaded on Flow Jamaica website, just info for the 5 and 28 day plans. Digicels unlimited plan is a fake, it's actually a 50GB plan, with 2G usage afterwards. If Flow has the 30GB cap for real, then theirs is also a fake unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    You sure? Cause I saw a user who tried the unlimited data plan from Flow. And the person said that within 5 days, a text came saying they have reached fair usage on this plan. I'm not sure if the person activated the 30day plan, as it is the only unlimited plan. But see if you can hear anything on the new Fair usage policy for the 30day unlimited plan. The FUP for the 30 day plan isn't yet uploaded on Flow Jamaica website, just info for the 5 and 28 day plans. Digicels unlimited plan is a fake, it's actually a 50GB plan, with 2G usage afterwards. If Flow has the 30GB cap for real, then theirs is also a fake unlimited plan.
    Do read this. It should help clear up the confusion. The argument is, that the definition of their "limit" is not "limited" so to speak... it grows as the bell curve continues to transition toward higher usage patterns; when the product matures (>~34.1% data user penetration).

Verizon has a similar definition; users have past 200 GB w/o 2G throttling (despite a 55 GB limit). Much like when FLOW's plans went live last year, fair usage limits were hit more readily than it does now... The key is "average"; which will forever be in flux as per the FUP's language.

P.S. If you're consuming over 50 GB of data per month, you need a solid broadband subscription... and likely have too much time on your hands.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Mar 9, 2020 at 12:54 PM.