Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Couldn't say.... But it would be less than smart for them to go the Digicel route....
    I'm browsing other Caribbean Islands where Flow has LTE... seems you get LTE once you take a data plan 3GB or more..

Will I need a different data plan for Superfast 4G LTE?

If you have a MyPlan with 3GB of data or more, and a compatible device you will be able to receive superfast 4G LTE. If you have mobile data plan that’s less than 3GB you will need to upgrade to at least a 3GB plan to be eligible for LTE.

https://discoverflow.ky/mobile/4g-lte
    But then they make it seem LTE is for iPhones only even thou they have other phones listed as LTE compatible..

3gb data plan

At only $45 per month, upgrade to our recommended 3GB data plan with the only network that delivers 4G LTE exclusively on iPhone.
    And it would appear that Digicel Cayman also offers LTE as standard....
    http://www.digicelgroup.com/ky/en/mo...aid-plans.html
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jun 22, 2016 at 01:17 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

One of the reasons I stay with FLOW.. well.. and this too....

http://i.imgur.com/kRAeMFj.jpg
    Similar Results on my end............
    Digicel/Mobay

Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: removed large pic from quote
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Similar Results on my end............
    Digicel/Mobay

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/DigiH%2B.jpg
    And imagine, Digicel is using twice the spectrum that FLOW is using..... Don't know what FLOW did but it worked....

FYI, The speedtest I did was in Mobay too lol
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: removed large pic from quote

I'm browsing other Caribbean Islands where Flow has LTE... seems you get LTE once you take a data plan 3GB or more..

But then they make it seem LTE is for iPhones only even thou they have other phones listed as LTE compatible..

And it would appear that Digicel Cayman also offers LTE as standard....
    http://www.digicelgroup.com/ky/en/mo...aid-plans.html
    Most people in Cayman for example, are on Postpaid. I suspect the same in Antigua and Anguilla as well...

FLOW is referring to their certified carrier status for iPhone. Remember, back in the day, in order for certified carriers to get LTE on iPhones, they had to be tested by Apple. Don't know if it holds true now as you can toggle LTE as you please but it's simple a reference to their Apple certified Carrier status.

Digicel in Cayman is fighting the good fight, pushing FLOW to do more (because we know what happens to FLOW when they get comfortable :/).

P.S. anything less than 3 GB on LTE is a cause for trouble especially since I suspect FLOW's LTE network will be pushing near the theoretical speeds (as we see with HSPA+)...
    Last edited by Brandysull; Jun 22, 2016 at 02:45 AM.

And imagine, Digicel is using twice the spectrum that FLOW is using..... Don't know what FLOW did but it worked....

FYI, The speedtest I did was in Mobay too lol
    Mobay doesn't seem to be as congested as Kingston...

Most people in Cayman for example, are on Postpaid. I suspect the same in Antigua and Anguilla as well...

FLOW is referring to their certified carrier status for iPhone. Remember, back in the day, in order for certified carriers to get LTE on iPhones, they had to be tested by Apple. Don't know if it holds true now as you can toggle LTE as you please but it's simple a reference to their Apple certified Carrier status.

Digicel in Cayman is fighting the good fight, pushing FLOW to do more (because we know what happens to FLOW when they get comfortable :/).

P.S. anything less than 3 GB on LTE is a cause for trouble especially since I suspect FLOW's LTE network will be pushing near the theoretical speeds (as we see with HSPA+)...
    I don't see a postpaid section in Flow Cayman????

I don't see a postpaid section in Flow Cayman????
    They don't have it in a section of its own but the plans you see as you open the Mobile section is Postpaid i.e. a contract with them for 12 months or more. Look at the FAQs and they'll tell you more....
    Last edited by Brandysull; Jun 22, 2016 at 09:33 AM.

Well, let's just hope Flow offers similar LTE offerings in Jamaica which will force Digicel to compete and cut out the crap they have going on now...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Mobay doesn't seem to be as congested as Kingston...
    Yeah, congestion in MoBay falls off much quicker than KGN. Also, Digicel's pretty consistent. I've seen upwards of 22 Mbit/s on them in Kingston. Despite these speeds, DC-HSDPA is spectrally inefficient which is why I suspect FLOW simply went 21 Mbit/s HSPA+ and called it a day. What's the point of going DC-HSDPA when carriers such as T-Mobile who was the only carrier in the US to use DC-HSDPA has reduced it to simple HSPA+ in most markets. If Digicel went to Single Carrier HSPA+, they could use the unused 5 MHz from their '4G' network as another piece of low band spectrum for LTE.

Yeah, congestion in MoBay falls off much quicker than KGN. Also, Digicel's pretty consistent. I've seen upwards of 22 Mbit/s on them in Kingston. Despite these speeds, DC-HSDPA is spectrally inefficient which is why I suspect FLOW simply went 21 Mbit/s HSPA+ and called it a day. What's the point of going DC-HSDPA when carriers such as T-Mobile who was the only carrier in the US to use DC-HSDPA has reduced it to simple HSPA+ in most markets. If Digicel went to Single Carrier HSPA+, they could use the unused 5 MHz from their '4G' network as another piece of low band spectrum for LTE.
    I wonder if FLOW has any plans with free whatsapp? or were they any plans with that prior?

Also can someone share the info on plans which were leaked from their app recently?