Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

I'm currently testing LTE in the Kingston 8 area for Digicel... the roll out will be coming soon. Dis ting is a Battery Sucker though... best have those Power Banks on standby or car chargers.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I'm currently testing LTE in the Kingston 8 area for Digicel... the roll out will be coming soon. Dis ting is a Battery Sucker though... best have those Power Banks on standby or car chargers.
    Doesnt it use the same power as 4G/3G?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    It seems no one has any update... i have seen a marked improvement in data speeds on the 4g network tho
    Yes, Digicel recently went DC-HSPA+...... I'm not sure if it's islandwide or just in Kingston. Opensignal shows they average 4 Mbit/s down and 2 Mbit/s up in KGN vs 1.6 Mbit/s down and up on FLOW. I've seen speeds on Digicel's DC-HSPA+ network up to 25 Mbit/s. You only get that kind of speeds from H+ on European networks like EE, Vodafone, 3, Orange etc. Good job Digicel!

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Serious? i always found my battery dying faster when i use LTE on all my phones

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    HAHAHA I wish it did. My Note 4 Battery no longer lasts me for a day on LTE.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Do you use Opensignal by any chance? It'd be nice to have this coverage mapped, perhaps to galavanize FLOW into doing LTE in Kingston and MoBay rather than their usual Deploy, wait for Digicel to steamroll them and then suddenly become concerned about market share and TRY to match Digicel's coverage.

You wouldn't believe the things C&W does in their Panama business unit. +Movil (CWC's Panama business unit name) has gone VoLTE, VoWiFi (just like a T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon) and moving to LTE-A while Digicel is still at 21 Mbit/s HSPA+. How does Jamaica, their second largest market, suffer from such mediocrity. Terrible cable, broadband and barely over the hill mobile voice and data and NOT to mention a Managing Director who thinks his business is even in this decade.

What's the typical speeds you get? Are they deploying VoLTE as well or is it just CSFB (switch down to 3G/4G to take a call and goes back up to LTE after). Is it just in Kingston?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    How does Jamaica, their second largest market, suffer from such mediocrity. Terrible cable, broadband and barely over the hill mobile voice and data and NOT to mention a Managing Director who thinks his business is even in this decade.
    because our government and people allow them to. you see only a small fraction of the entire population even cares about these things. as long as they can browse their social media websites and load a few webpages they are totally fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    because our government and people allow them to. you see only a small fraction of the entire population even cares about these things. as long as they can browse their social media websites and load a few webpages they are totally fine with that
    Very true, Jamaica admittedly is a low-information market. Alot of Jamaicans would be befuddled if the telecoms operators outlined what they wanted to implement. The few who know what they might mean are held hostage by the majority who subsist on 2G/3G voice and complain about no landlines/fiber being run in their area despite having HSPA+ access from both providers, allowing companies like FLOW to make spurious claims of not having enough LTE capable hansets on the network (meanwhile they sell iPhones in Jamaica on behalf of Apple Inc. as well as Galaxy S6 and perhaps S7 at LTE Launch) and the technology is expensive (yet they have a higher ARPU and capital than Digicel). I'm so annoyed! (As you can tell lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    Serious? i always found my battery dying faster when i use LTE on all my phones
    Oh ok. I always thought they used same power.

What you use your phone to do Cultus?

My still last all day. Other than when I am in a location where I have 1 to no bar of signal.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality