Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow AVS Up & Running

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Just responding to what you said about a 720p download.

Any pixelation or freezing via cable is bitrate related and in some cases bad conversion from the source..
    Cable, downloaded or conversation biterate is the cause of pixelation.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Forget to mention that most of the Channel locations have been updated... All Channels are much better categorized now and there is no instance of a Channel coming twice like on the old system....

Also to note, I notice an improvement in the quality of none HD Channels now..
    Some non-HD channels look pretty close to HD.. It could pass for a low quality 720p....

Also, there is no SpeedTV... but there is MAV TV.. which basically shows all the speed programs..
    Cars.tv is also good...
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 22, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

The Cable box manual calls it a smart card slot, if you remove the sim card the box does not work, you get a 'Card Removed' error..
    I figure this is how Flow can talk to the box, when they Plugged in the box before the cable was attached to it the box found a new firmware update and updated itself, so I guess it has something to do with the SIM card..
    ^ This is interesting

Thanks, excellent follow up

How much is it for flows service?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I would highly recommend this system to anybody.. When I made the switch over they took 4 days to come and do the install, this is mainly because not many people are switching over just yet.. So if you are thinking about it, go in a make the switch ASAP before the wait period increases.

Even if you don't require HD with the right package you can actually cut down your cable cost.. I shaved about $3000 off my bill and I'm actually getting more Channels, More HD Channels and allot more Features..

Based on the Channel lineup I'm gonna downgrade from 'Watch All' to 'Extended' and then add a Flow My Way 10 Channel package.. in doing so I can shave another $4000 off my Bill.. So in essence my bill can come in at just over $5000.. which is insane and half of what I was paying before..

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    How much is it for flows service?
    All Prices, Rates and Channel Lineup Below..
    http://www.flowavs.com/channels/#/
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 22, 2015 at 09:49 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

@GPRS Internet
    Your old HD Pace box cannot work with the new setup?

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    @GPRS Internet
    Nope. Their new system is basically all IP based. The cable they run throughout your home to your boxes is to network the cable boxes to the Cable modem using the MoCA networking standard and then back to Flow's network.

If you switch over its a one way ticket, though based on the review you are unlikely to ever want to return. Eventually the existing platform will be phased out. Anyone they recently sold the HD boxes to got a very raw deal.

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    @GPRS Internet
    Negative... cannot work.... New system is IP based and totally different.

Even your Internet modem will not work with this system, they will swap out your modem for a new updated one.. and even if you don't have Internet they will have to install the modem..

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Anyone they recently sold the HD boxes to got a very raw deal.
    I bought my Pace box pretty much a week or so after it was available.. Paid like $30,000+ for it...
    Think I've had it now for over a year or so... I was hoping Flow would take it back and give me credit towards my account but that's a no go..

Hence I'm selling it on the cheap so hopefully somebody on the old system may run in on it.. but in any-case I would just recommend you get the AVS system and done..

Seems I'll have to go sell the Pace box on E-Bay.. lol
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 22, 2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Negative... cannot work.... New system is IP based and totally different.

Even your Internet modem will not work with this system, they will swap out your modem for a new updated one.. and even if you don't have Internet they will have to install the modem..

A provider here where I live uses One internet line for TV, phone and cable. Is this similar?

Does this mean it is eating away at your bandwidth?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    A provider here where I live uses One internet line for TV, phone and cable. Is this similar?

Does this mean it is eating away at your bandwidth?
    Flow uses similar... but I can't say that using one service affects the others.. if I'm downloading allot of stuff via the internet I don't see a difference in Cable or phone quality.. I would only see it on the Internet portion of the system..

The major issue is that once there is an issue all systems go down.... so from time to time Internet, Cable and phone will go down...

I will say that what Flow is offering is miles ahead of what any other Cable/Internet provider is offering in Jamaica.. and these changes are independent of the Cable & Wireless buyout.

Flow is now basically on par with any top US cable/Internet provider...