Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choosing A Blackberry

My Blackberry 9930 has arrived. It is great to have a QWERTY keyboard once more. I can text properly again. The speaker is good so I can do my conference calls. I haven't activated any of the data features since I don't need those on a phone.

I bought it off Ebay for 140. A Verizon phone that can use CDMA and GSM. Band new phone with charger, earphones, usb cable and holster.

It freaks some people out that I don't need a tablet on my phone but that's just the way it is sometimes.
    Last edited by jamrock; Sep 3, 2014 at 05:52 AM.

Glad you like it. Overall it's a decent phone - plus you get NFC with that model - but unfortunately it's not an OS10 phone. This means that you will be able to use WhatsApp on it over wireless but BBM won't work over wireless. That would be your only drawback now. Think if you shopped around you'd have gotten a Q10 for about the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Q...item35db9b9602

My recommendation to you would be to check out the different firmwares available - custom - or use tools such as BBH-Tool to customize your firmware. This will ensure that the phone boots up faster and runs better when things that you don't or won't use are removed and there's less stuff to load.

http://pusatosblackberry.blogspot.co...d-bbhtool.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-872741/
    Last edited by khat17; Sep 3, 2014 at 06:39 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    My Blackberry 9930 has arrived. It is great to have a QWERTY keyboard once more. I can text properly again. The speaker is good so I can do my conference calls. I haven't activated any of the data features since I don't need those on a phone.

I bought it off Ebay for 140. A Verizon phone that can use CDMA and GSM. Band new phone with charger, earphones, usb cable and holster.

It freaks some people out that I don't need a tablet on my phone but that's just the way it is sometimes.
    If you plan to use Data you wont get 3g/4g.. gonna be stuck on edge
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Think if you shopped around you'd have gotten a Q10 for about the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Q...item35db9b9602
    My phone is brand new. It came in a Blackberry box and each component was shrink wrapped. I even received the manuals and the dvd.

Why would I prefer a second hand Q10 in fair condition? I don't even know where it has been

How many times have you been in the restroom and heard people talking on their phones while they use the toilet? No thanks.
    Last edited by jamrock; Sep 3, 2014 at 08:36 AM.

My phone is brand new. It came in a Blackberry box and each component was shrink wrapped. I even received the manuals and the dvd.
    If you shop around and bid you could probably have gotten the Q10 for about the same. A used phone isn't all that bad - just clean it up and/or change the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    If you plan to use Data you wont get 3g/4g.. gonna be stuck on edge
    That model does support 3G and he should be able to get the service. Also, remember he said he only needs the phone functions.
    Last edited by khat17; Sep 4, 2014 at 04:39 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

A tablet on your phone? What is that?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You may have noticed that the size of the phones have been increasing this year. This has allowed people to use the phones to do a lot of the things normally done on a tablet. Much easier now to watch movies and youtube videos on today's phones given the bigger screen size.

I am interested to see how this change has affected the sales of tablets. Why have two devices when you can use one? Perhaps we will get that kind of analysis early next year.

I have a nexus5 and a 10inch tablet. No way am I watching a movie on smaller screen. YouTube videos maybe, but not movies. I wouldn't even watch a movie on a nexus7. I'm a blockbuster movie person, so I like to watch movies that studios spend millions on, which means I want to see all the fine details that went into making that film.

Phones are great for watching things on the go, but I wouldn't even play a high end game on my phone because the buttons still cover a decent part off the graphics.

jomo Guest

Watching movies on phones tablets to me us very Lame, I like the cinema and my 60" tv

However. Angry birds space 2 on my s5 is amazing, the details are spot on, makes me wonder what I'm missing in terms of games