Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Computer Restarting! weird happening !!

Default Help! Computer Restarting! weird happening !!

ok i havent posted here in a while,,but i,m baffled as to what might happen or is happening,,a couple weeks ago i shut down my computer abt midnight all was well ,when i woke up next mornin the computer wouldnt boot it goes to the windows screen and keeps recyling i did all i thought would help reset bios, change first boot device and stuff nothing helps ,,finally i decided to do a windows repair only to realise that ALL INFO on the hard drive was wiped,,shocking ,,so i reformatted it and all went well now last night same thing ,shut down ok went to bed and woke up this morning and same story didnt belive tht history repest i=tself so i tried evrything again and last resort was to repair ,,only to realise same thing hard drive was wiped.....can anyone tell me what is happening here ,,what could possibly cause tht...

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

Shoulda used a more detailed heading like "Help computer restarting" or something of the sort as I just happened to click this link out of curiosity.

Anyways we could use more details such as your PC specs and especially the Operating System you installed and tried, as well as the antivirus or third party softwares you have installed.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

maybe your power supply or a virus somewhere
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Replace hard drive.. happened to me years ago.. the drive kept the data as long as the system had power.. and minutes after shutting down..but if left for a day or a few hours everything gets lost, and trust mi writing to the harddrive wont give any errors at first..
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Shoulda used a more detailed heading like "Help computer restarting" or something of the sort as I just happened to click this link out of curiosity.

Anyways we could use more details such as your PC specs and especially the Operating System you installed and tried, as well as the antivirus or third party softwares you have installed.

ok sorry abt tht ,,running xp sp3 ,pentium 4 3.2 gig processor with 3 gig memory..and 320 gig hd.. had avg free version,, not lots a third party stuff as i was jus getting bk some of wht went first time,,i donno but been having computer a very long time and never experience this .. kinda puzzling..

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

Ok, do a Nevintech said and replace hard drive as it seem it has some kind of defect of the sort.

Try and borrow one or get a cheap one to troubleshoot if you can.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Believe mi i try everything. freeze/thaw and more.. it just wouldnt retain the data.. the only option that was left was to do surgery which would mean getting a platter damaged HD with same brand, circuitry and capacity. thats not so easy to find and this was only attempted and worked with a 3.5in IDE drive...
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

well its not like its not retaining the data becuz from i did the reformat it have not wiped the data back again yet ,,so still watching to see wat might happen ,,i shut down normally and start up bk ok so far /..

Quote Originally Posted by deetucks View Post
    well its not like its not retaining the data becuz from i did the reformat it have not wiped the data back again yet ,,so still watching to see wat might happen ,,i shut down normally and start up bk ok so far /..
    Wild guess: HD going bad around wherever the boot sector is being written. Recommend you run chkdsk or something like that. Have it hunt for and mark bad sector

ran a chkdsk,, thts the result,, evrythings else ok,,"windows replace bad cluster in file 27 of name \pagefile.sys."