Thread: Google + Starbucks = Free Wi-Fi Hotspots

Cool Google + Starbucks = Free Wi-Fi Hotspots

Google has teamed up with Starbucks to provide a free Wi-Fi hotspot in all of the chain’s 7000 coffee shops around the USA. The search giant promises that once the update has finished, customers will be able to enjoy the web at speeds “up to 10x faster than before”.
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/google-to-p...10x-the-speed/
    Clueless to the tech world but very interested in it

لا أحد يعرف لي

This is a nice move. Both parties will benefit. Wonder how it will affect the various ISPs?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Looks like I should build a house right next to either Starbucks down the road.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

This sounds awesome. Potent combination. The world's most desired beverage and service. Hope other chains follow suit soon. And hopefully something like this can drop into Ja sometime.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    This sounds awesome. Potent combination. The world's most desired beverage and service. Hope other chains follow suit soon. And hopefully something like this can drop into Ja sometime.
    If they continue to serve the barf they used to serve me every other afternoon in the other locations, like me, people will be switching to Mickey D's variant. Tastes better @ 1/2 the price. I stopped by for a caramel macchiato one afternoon and the first big sip nearly made me crash. I almost did an illegal U-turn on the freeway believe me. While driving (and I never do this) I had to take to Facebook to vent my anger. Always rated the speed of their wifi though.
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Jul 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM.