Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LIME increases Residential Internet Prices

Question LIME increases Residential Internet Prices

Not sure if you guys saw this, but LIME is increasing their Residential Internet package prices effective August 1, 2013.

Now I thought I knew all about their Residential internet Packages, but I see that they offer 'Fiber to the home' and a Mega Thunder and Mega Lightning package.

Is anyone aware of these?
    What speed is the Mega Thunder, Mega Lightning and their FTTH packages?

http://www.time4lime.com/jm/news/pre...?view=JM.43028

WAY TO GO LIME! PUSH EVERYONE TO DEKAL AND FLOW!!!
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Mega Thunder is 15Mbps, Mega Lightning is 20Mbps, Ignite is 12Mbps and I am not sure about Super. It's probably 20Mbps. FTTH goes as high as 100Mbps.
    Last edited by dspjm28; Jul 15, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    Mega Thunder is 15Mbps, Mega Lightning is 20Mbps, Ignite is 12Mbps and I am not sure about Super. It's probably 20Mbps. FTTH goes as high as 100Mbps.
    I dont see most of these advertised on their site.

This is very interesting. Most likely the FTTH is all in Kingston only.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    WAY TO GO LIME! PUSH EVERYONE TO DEKAL AND FLOW!!!
    they are cheaper than flow speed for speed now. and i am guessing the speed will be closer to advertised speed than flow is. ppl should be switching to lime
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I am wondering where do they have there FTTH service at the moment , its in kingston or mobay area more than anywhere .
    One good things is that they always keep there price in one price range for a long time , unlike flow crap, as soon as the dollar change them change with it . lol .

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    they are cheaper than flow speed for speed now. and i am guessing the speed will be closer to advertised speed than flow is. ppl should be switching to lime
    They should be closer to the advertised speed as they are using DSL technology but depends on where u are u cannot get more than 2 or 1 megs unfortunately.

BTW does anyone know if Lime still bundles that line rental fee with internet?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I didnt know about those lighting and thunda plans, interesting. Anyway this new round of increase dont affect mi Browse & Talk plan suh mi cool

i have a kinda noob question, I am not familiar with the difference between DSL and Cable
    lime is said to offering FTTH. Is it still DSL technology?
    The main reason for asking i know with ADSL technology persons normally received close to advertise speed
    Last edited by Dre'; Jul 16, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.