Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The XBOX One

Why does M$ always have to copyright another companies name or idea in everything they do?

Xbox One sounds like they using HTC One name to me .

You guys might also want to see this cnet review of this Xbox as it seems M$ wants to replace tv remotes, etc:

http://news.cnet.com/1606-2_3-50147346.html
    Last edited by Powpow; May 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts and fixed link
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Ya I was wondering how many things goin name One now..

But the news just seems to keep getting worse. The 500GB HDD will not be interchangeable.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

The system would require someone who borrowed game disc to pay a small fee to play on a different system.
    The system needs to check in with MS at least once a hour, so an internet connection is needed.
    Told you to stop torrenting and burning. You wouldn't listen. We may as well go back to cartridges (and with SSD/memristor/NVRAM technology why not?) But who can blame the hardware makers for this - wanting to create walled gardens? Android piracy is legendary at 95%, apart from online stuff like MMORPGs and Steam , PC gaming is dead, and current gen consoles are only making money because they're locked down. Someone has to pay those people's salaries so they can feed their families and pay their student loans.

windows inside. 8gigs of ram.
    Looks like both Sony and MS are going x86. Shame if you ask me. There are far better architectures for multimedia and gaming. At least Nintendo has sense enough to use one of those.
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/

differently is some serious ****ry MS a keep up with this 2nd hand fee thing. I jus a pree how I playing my cousin Borderlands 2 GoW: Ascension and he has my GT5 and some other games. dat cant continue on nextbox
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by Satanforce View Post
    Told you to stop torrenting and burning. You wouldn't listen. We may as well go back to cartridges (and with SSD/memristor/NVRAM technology why not?) But who can blame the hardware makers for this - wanting to create walled gardens? Android piracy is legendary at 95%, apart from online stuff like MMORPGs and Steam , PC gaming is dead, and current gen consoles are only making money because they're locked down. Someone has to pay those people's salaries so they can feed their families and pay their student loans.

Looks like both Sony and MS are going x86. Shame if you ask me. There are far better architectures for multimedia and gaming. At least Nintendo has sense enough to use one of those.
    One game saw piracy rates at 95%? oh dear. I doubt that matters since most people aren't just going to up and buy a new game (that looks like that). Most likely they would pirate it and then toss it. All them guys assume people want to pay money for their crap. Haven't pirated an android game I would have bought yet.

Good PC games sell well enough

This isn't about piracy, the larger concern for them is people who buy pre-owned games. They want a piece. These are the people they know ARE spending money on their games but not to them. Problem here is that these consoles are going to need to be hacked for a lot of people who don't want the rubbish. Hopefully that's soon after release.

Had no interest in the xbox and now I definitely don't. It doesn't even look appealing in design. Old VCR is what people calling it. Sony had the right approach in their reveal (though I guess they hadn't completed the look yet?). They had the games and lots of real gameplay.
    Last edited by semitop; May 22, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Even if you are a die-hearted fan of the XBOX you cant be completely happy with what you see coming from Microsoft. The device they reveal is a high-end TV set top box, it being able to play games was an afterthought.
    The tech they demoed wasn't anything ground breaking.
    The Kinect sensor was also OK but if game devs don't implement it properly, it will fail just like the last version (see Star Wars Kinect).
    The 500 GB hard disk was not OK, an average Bluray game disc will be 25GB, thats about 20 games (excluding other media like HD movies and game saves).

The only good thing about there new tech, is the shared memory architecture and the switch to x86. And x86 is the easiest architecture to code for because the first programming language learned and used to write a program was most likely compiled using an x86 compiler. It was the main reason why with the last gen systems it was only in the latter part of their life span, games that fully utilized the cell architecture began to come out. Its because it took devs a longtime to fully figure out how to use the system efficiently.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

First off Nintendo was never really a part of this so called console wars. They were the first in the videogame business of innovation and that's what they continue to do one side, while Sony and M$ battle it out, so they in a category by themselves.

Now if you look at it this way, people that usually pirate games are ones that either can't afford it or is unable to purchase it because they don't really have a credit card or some way to pay for it. So in a sense those would be people that wouldn't be able to buy the game anyways, thus making them a no-buyer. What your really paying for in games nowadays is the multiplayer anyways.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

It appears both systems from Microsoft and Sony will be Bulky. I guess it is due to teh hardware..cooling etc, but I expect Sony's to be a bit sleeker once released. I have not heard devs talk about the power of the Xbox but they are raving about the "ps4". And relationship with Devs win wars. I guess we will see more in the coming days.

Xbox success or downfall will depend on their implementation of the cable services which seems to likely mainly in the US and as we know the Us is not the world.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

MS like samsung and many other or thinking software and home and smart integration they want to make everything in your house smart and communicate with each other. This xbox 360 will be hacked just the same but it may take a while microsoft may also go ahead and let users share their games among consoles. because all this won't be decided until the game is released i think what they are trying to do however is get all games to be on their online server instead of on a disk thats why they have put in more servers that will be the future of gaming.Thats how they will get rid of piracy, but for now they are not there yet but they won't finalize alot of things they are watching sony
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

As one of the guys from eldergeek.com said, "i turn on my TV because i want to watch TV, i dont turn on my game console because i want to watch TV, i turn it on because i want to play games".

That is where MS missed the mark. Will this new TV-DVR-Remote Controller box integrate with Cornwall or Flow cable or TVJ and CVM or a Digicel 4G modem. Its like they are tell people in developing countries, "it sucks to be you".
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.