Thread: [Guide]How to Attach Custom Email Domains to Outlook.com

Default [Guide]How to Attach Custom Email Domains to Outlook.com

Summary: Microsoft’s best-kept email secret is an online tool that allows you to connect any custom domain to its shiny new Outlook.com back end, for personal or business mail. It’s free, and it works amazingly well.

To attach your custom domain to the Outlook.com servers, you need three things:

Your own domain, which you can purchase from any registrar.
    The ability to create custom DNS (Domain Name System) records. In particular, you’ll need to create an MX (mail exchanger) record.
    A Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID), which you’ll use to sign in to the domain administration center. This account should use an address that is not on the same custom domain as the one you're about to attach to Outlook.com. (If you already have a Microsoft account you use for other purposes, use it here.

If you're a stickler for legal details, you can read the terms of service, which are a supplement to the Microsoft Services Agreement.

Source: http://www.zdnet.com/why-i-use-outlo...p2-7000015546/

Original Article: http://www.zdnet.com/why-i-use-outlo...e539&ttag=e539

I had jumped at the opportunity to do this when Google had offered it. Now google has stopped offering the free version of it.

I guess this would be the next solution, if you're looking for an email server to host your emails.

Good info King_Jay.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

^^^ Yea, bummer that google stopped offering it... Think i may jump on this too while Microsoft offers it for free. Can definitely come in handy having your own domain, especially since Outlook.com is exchange based, which means no need for the outdated IMAP and POP. Hence allowing you to keep all your devices updated and not worry about your email being lost if your hard drive or device failed.

Email domains are real cheap too.

For those who haven't seen the new interface for Outlook.com it is clean and minimalistic, easily navigated not like the old hotmail look