Thread: Can't Access But Backuped Files Anyway. WP/php/html

wii.live07 Guest

Default Can't Access But Backuped Files Anyway. WP/php/html

Hello to any and all who can help me out. I have a free wordpress.org account ad it says it gave me 20gb free but it was a lie. Now it suspended my account due to overload. i guess I passed the limit. Now I have a paid host and I want to transfer the files to that. I heard about ftp hosting, duplicator and all the rest but that won't help. Seeing as how my blog i suspended I can't access the dashboard and I can't access the control panel on my free host. Luckily for me I had backup-ed up all my files from the free host. I wish I used winhttrack to dl the blog and upload all manually. It would save me a lot of grief. I have the files backup up but I want to do it one post at a time. i don't understand sql or php. All i want is a way to convert the backup into a normal, regular on or offline website where I can access the text and images and other content and upload to the new host. How do I convert all my backup-ed files to a browser ready format like html.

This is the only ay since I plain can't access my site.It says winhttrack can't download my site. it's almost hopeless. it' my lat resort. Someone please help!

Is it a backup of the MySQL database i.e. a resulting sql file?

or

Did you save the entire "public_html" folder and its contents i.e. "wp-admin" and such WP folders?

or

Did you use a WP backup plugin?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

wii.live07 Guest

I copied the entire "public_html" folder and its contents

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    I copied the entire "public_html" folder and its contents
    Gimme a minute to start up WAMP and confirm something...

If that's the case you missed/lost the most important part of your blog -- the database. Most webhosts keep the database on a separate server user dont have direct access to, except through PHPMyAdmin.

You want to check if Google has a cached version of your website and try to copy and paste what info you find there.

Then install "BackWPup" to make scheduled backup of your new site and send it to an email or DropBox
    Last edited by gW33Zy; May 8, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

wii.live07 Guest

That sounds complex but I would need to have my site UN-suspended and accessible so I can do all of that. Right now all I have is the backup of the public folder. I don't want any php or sql. I just want the posts back because I have the images from last backup. If I have the text and I post again and add pictures. It's hard work but I want all to be running as smoothly as ever. I learned my lesson this time but to think of it I don't think I deleted my database file. But my 2freehosting.com account is there and frozen like the back end of my blog. I can't access anything except filezilla files which i can easily use to retrieve. in fact, like I aid before I have it already. Thank God! Any other suggestions? I welcome them all

The thing is, with the FTP access you have to your "public_html", that access is not able to reach where the post data is stored for WP.
    You need access to the cPanel or the WP backend to export your data. The database is not accessible from FileZilla.

wii.live07 Guest

I found my database. i think. I had backed up an .sql file the other day and I just found it. How do I get it back to the free host or even copy all my files to my new paid host and use this new database/sql file and restore my blog and make it work on the new host? What should I need to start doing so I can copy my files to my new account using filezilla along with the database file? Please help. Please note that my free host has blocked me out completely. I need to work around it

This is going to involve some PHPMyAdmin and some .PHP editing. So i suggest you try it first on a local server(WAMP) first to get an idea of what is involved, then try it out on your webserver.

1. Login to phpMyAdmin.
    2. Click databases, and select the database that you will be importing your data into.
    3. You will then see either a list of tables already inside that database or a screen that says no tables exist. This depends on your setup.
    4. Across the top of the screen will be a row of tabs. Click the Import tab.
    5. On the next screen will be a Location of Text File box, and next to that a button named Browse.
    6. Click Browse. Locate the backup file stored on your computer.
    7. Make sure the SQL radio button is checked.
    8. Click the Go button.

After you refresh your WP page the articles should be present. Paste the pics in the "uploads" folder to restore your pics.

wii.live07 Guest

That's an excellent idea but my blog has been suspended for exceeding a quota limit at my stupid free host. I can't get into the dashboard or the control panel for that account. I tried using winhttrack to salvage the site but it didn't work. What tool or what way can get me to download my files with and even manually upload my posts and pics once again?