Thread: Need Web Hosting Advice

Default Need Web Hosting Advice

Im looking to start a website and i want some advice on where is/are the best place/places to go buy Domain registration and get hosting.
    Looking for cheap hosting with good features.

Any advice or recommendations is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    Im looking to start a website and i want some advice on where is/are the best place/places to go buy Domain registration and get hosting.
    Looking for cheap hosting with good features.

Any advice or recommendations is acceptable
    i got a .com domain from Godaddy the other day for liike $3+ with a coupon and bout some hosting there too at reduced rates also with coupons so id recommend them...however they got some messed up terms n thing so id prolly avoid em if u doing anything serious... Namecheap is a decent place to buy domains tho but as it regards hosting ive only used Godaddy (pretty decent experience contrary to what i hear from others)

Although it costs a little more, I have learned to separate my webhost from my domain name host so that I can manage them separately.

I, too, heard not-so-good things about GoDaddy some years back and went with Domain.com because they offer domain locking and some additional security. As for web hosting, I went through my share of hosts and finally settled with MDDHosting because of their reliability, uptime, speed and excellent customer service (which I found quite impressive for shared hosting). You can find coupon codes for both of these at RetailMeNot.com.

And, if you don't mind clicking some referral links, they are in my signature.

I have only ever used GoDaddy but some of my other friends would highly recommend and swear by

BlueHost.com
    Gator Hosting
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon1986 View Post
    And, if you don't mind clicking some referral links, they are in my signature.
    Please be reminded referral links are not allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    I have only ever used GoDaddy but some of my other friends would highly recommend and swear by

BlueHost.com
    Gator Hosting
    Same. I am using godaddy as well. But if you're going to do any serious business with godaddy, you BETTER be prepared to read EVERYTHING. Even the fine print. Otherwise, you are going to get billed some charges you never knew existed.

My old man bought a Shared Server package from them and trust me, he has gotten upset with them so many times, I feel like they gonna be the death of him.
    There are lots of complaints about godaddy and for good reason. But you can't beat their prices tho.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 2, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Same here, I highly recommend hostgator.com, I've been using their resellers hosting for around 3 years now, very pleased with their service and tech support, had a few website hacked over the period and instead of worrying myself I just email them and they fixed it and give suggestions on how to further secure the websites, you wouldn't get that type of service from bluehost. I am thinking about leaving bluehost later this year.

Domain name, I recommend godaddy.com
    Hosting, I use wjunk.com
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Please be reminded referral links are not allowed here.
    Oops! Sorry about that.

Again, avoid Bluehost.com, I just had support related issues with them again. I am 100% confident I will be leaving them later this year. I will also encourage two other persons to close their accounts too.
    Avoid Godaddy as well, although you can save money with various coupon codes available all over the internet they are very deceptive as others have attested to, even the otherwise simple process of buying a domain name you have to be extremely careful as they will try to up sell you at every step of the process by automatically selecting add-ons that you didnt asked for or wanted in the first place. Read everything when dealing with that company.

This thread is helpful, I've been using visionhead for sometime now but they are pricey. I will check out some of the other providers suggested thanks a mil.