Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel services gets poorer and poorer

Lime Customer care is no worse than Digicel, having said that both of them Suck ....although i think Flow has the absolute worst customer service (but that another point for another time).Speaking to a customer care agent from either lime or digicel (when u do get one) is an exercise in futility...i wonder if the companies deliberately hide info from them, and they sound like robots... repeating the same garbage over and over like a scratched record.
    MSI NF750-G55 Motherboard , AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1 GHz ,
    Corsair XMS3 4GB 2 X 2 GB PC3-10666
    ,Seagate Barracuda 500 gb HDD , Nvidia GT520 , Acer 20'' LCD Monitor

9 out of every call i make have the "silence" issue. 9 out of 10 calls i receive have the silence issue...

The 4G is pretty fast though... 1MB down and 100KB up
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Dec 20, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

I think it really started going down hill when LIME dropped their prices significantly ! Customer Services nowadays with Digicel is basically just listening to machine giving u options sometimes even unwanted advice !
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

well me a pay ma bill ontime evry month an the service i get is less than desired..digicel = DIGILUUUUU!

From experience i can tell you that if you have a 2g phone with 3g/4g capabilities then try to keep it on one band when driving or moving around as the signal drops when on call if your phone switches from 3g to 2g. my bb was on 3g only and i notice i got better signal indoors but when i started to move around outside the signal went on calls etc. If your driving you need to check if your phone is on 3g etc. It might sound foolish but i am speaking from experience.

Oh and sms seems to be delivered faster when phone in 3g mode

jomo Guest

You know I was playing around with those settings for a while too, thanks for the reminder, I drive and call a lot too

@ 876 ur absolutely right about that 2G/3G setting. Ever since i got my phone Nokia E7 i realised that it kept bouncing around & dropping signal when its searching for 3G or 2G signals. As that is the case i keep my phone on GSM mode only & i turn off data connections
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

jomo Guest

Well I can't turn off data regularly cause of bbm and whatsapp plus I'm always browsing, but I have it on manual instead of automatic now and I think I see an improvement, I will monitor it over a few days and cross country trips to make sure

I do think that some os on bb have different call/service quality as it says on the forums even some have better signal strength, I might try a newer os on my 9900 and see if its any better

while visiting Clarendon last week i noticed the issue when i was on a call,it deteriorated so badly and at times ended when phone was switching between frequencies.so gsm only while on road is best to receive calls when moving about. Remember guys that they are using the old claro network infrastructure for the 3g/4g which didnt have such a good build out.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    ... Remember guys that they are using the old claro network infrastructure for the 3g/4g which didnt have such a good build out.
    That is actually incorrect.

Not only that, based on questions and information solicited by former friends of mine who were working for CLARO and are now with Digicel’s IT Department...

They had completely torn down all of CLARO’s infrastructure installed at CLARO Cell cites by Chinese Telecom Equipment Supplier Huawei and replaced them with ODU (Out Door Units) and BBU (Base Band Units) supplied by Telecom Equipment Supplier Ericsson, the builder of Digicel’s GSM (Global System Mobile) Voice Network....
    http://www.geezam.com/digicel-launch...id-extinction/