Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Day After Tomorrow

Exclamation The Day After Tomorrow

I just watched that movie and for some reason it touched me emotionally. But that movie seemed only to scare people for the now and not the future. Are we as a world fully prepared for something like this to happen? Do we think it's not going to happen? Do the christians think God is going to come for his world before that happens? What are we doing to prevent this? Are we doing our little part as the technologically advanced of this country that can comprehend all to well the montrousity of such an event?

Finally do we as a country/world/community (whatever we want to call what we have here on earth) believe that this is so far fetched that we won't do anything? Is it just another fantastic four (super heroish) movie to us that we don't believe it?

So many questions, I would like to hear your views.
    Last edited by Greatis; Apr 25, 2005 at 11:00 PM.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

I am in no way freaked out however I must say that with my little knowledge of geography, I've put on paper a few unexplained phenomenon that's happened to our climate along with events that the causes are know. Looked at a little history about past climates and I must say that this movie is not far-fetched at all. It has bearing heavy bearing.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Indeed my friends....and the postulations may have been exaggerated but it's not that off. I hope that He comes before all this because the mass suffering is gonna be hard to witness. It was a good movie though. I have the DVD...simply breathtaking effects.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

I understand you man, I'm a christian myself, and let me tell you, things like that ARE gonna happen until the LORD returns.
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

The Bible prophecies of such things.
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

This is just what I mean Electotechnic's response is breathtaking effects. What the hell are we doing to prevent it. Are we still dumping garbage everywhere, are we still burning garbage are we still burning oil etc. what are we gonna do then?

We on TJ forums alone cannot do much, we may start being careful in garbage disposal, but thas it, all of the big factories, where most of pollution comes from still going to be burning their stuff..at all boils down to the greed of money. Well, i really liked the movie, being a Geography fan. I liked the special effects, good storyline, good actors, etc, overall it was good. Hopefully it will be an eye opener to many people.
    icu..
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

we can't do much can we but the little we do does make a difference if only delaying the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis
    This is just what I mean Electotechnic's response is breathtaking effects. What the hell are we doing to prevent it. Are we still dumping garbage everywhere, are we still burning garbage are we still burning oil etc. what are we gonna do then?
    Was staying on the topic of the thread Mr Moderator Sir.....

This is not new news. I've been hearing about the demise of out planet ever since I was kid and people still aren't smart enuff to relaise the implications or their bad habits. Pollution is the main contributor plus our blatant disregard for our wildlife and greenery. You ask what are we doing? I say nothing. We're only making it worst. I do my part. I don't litter. i don't use styro foams. I try to conserve power and water. I do my little part but out of the 7billion people on planet earth, my part means nothing. We won't stop until we kill ourselves...fortunately our blessed saviour will come before all this. I say just enjoy your time here!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

i also think that most people don't expect any day after tomorrow type events to happen to them in their lifetime makes it easier to not care about the earth and the truth is i don't think the polar ice caps are going to melt significantly in my lifetime but i'm not using that as my excuse for not caring much about mother earth