Thread: iPhone not holding charge

Yung_Jah Guest

Default iPhone not holding charge

A sister-in-law been torturing her iPhone that she accidentally let it drop in water. I think for 5 months or less, the phone have been put down. She probably tried to restore it by putting it in rice to get rid of any water (not sure if she pulled it up)

So I got the phone tried charging it...but all it would do is...show the apple logo...then show the slider to unlock to see all the apps...then after about a minute or two of use, it would auto restart showing apple logo. Cycle repeat.

For a fact, it is still not charging....most likely the battery died. Not a problem to get a replacement battery, but my concern is....whether or not there are any more problems.

What y'all think?

get the phone to a technician and have them open it so they can do a proper check, its not a matter of just what we think, its best you get a full analysis, it could be just the battery bad from shorting out when it fell in the water but that's still only a guess game, what kind of iPhone is it by the way? cause i-phones aren't easily damaged by water
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

I agree that's the best solution you can link the Technicians at Pavillion Mall across from the Book Shop upstairs. Let us know how things worked out.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    get the phone to a technician and have them open it so they can do a proper check, its not a matter of just what we think, its best you get a full analysis, it could be just the battery bad from shorting out when it fell in the water but that's still only a guess game, what kind of iPhone is it by the way? cause i-phones aren't easily damaged by water
    Its an iPhone 4. Well my brother and I only can guess that its a battery issue....cuz like I said...phone havent been charged since it fell in water. And technically, we know that once something doesnt charge for awhile...the battery would die. Considering to take my chance and get a battery.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    I agree that's the best solution you can link the Technicians at Pavillion Mall across from the Book Shop upstairs. Let us know how things worked out.
    I am not from Kingston nor close by... still living in central Jamaica. Roughly 2hrs drive to Kingston.

In the future, when any electronic component falls in water, soak it in alcohol immediately. This displaces the water, removes any gentle corrosion, and it is non-conductive. It then evaporates in no time.

Obviously, you'd remove the entire board first for soaking
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

The alcohol may also discolour any existing painted plastic but changing housing as opposed to buying a new device may be a worthy trade.

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    In the future, when any electronic component falls in water, soak it in alcohol immediately. This displaces the water, removes any gentle corrosion, and it is non-conductive. It then evaporates in no time.

Obviously, you'd remove the entire board first for soaking
    Zeen. Good info. Definitely will keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    The alcohol may also discolour any existing painted plastic but changing housing as opposed to buying a new device may be a worthy trade.
    Well the good thing is that, I have phone tool kit, but may have to get extras to pull apart a phone then apply the alcohol. I realize that once the screws are hallow, my tools cannot reach them. Was trying to pull a T1-82 calculator, got 4 screws and not the last 2.
    Last edited by Yung_Jah; Jul 14, 2012 at 07:50 PM.